No announcement yet.

anyone got that diagnostic kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i think ive finally sorted it. I set it up with a multimeter and rev counter, but not yet sorted the emisions, but it idles well, hot and cold, and pulls well too, whilst still using less fuel than i think it ever has. The booked 0-60 time is about 8.5 seconds, so i timed it on a quick blast down a nice convenient, quiet county lane and it doing easy 8's, so im happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by maestromaxi
      Well i think ive finally sorted it. I set it up with a multimeter and rev counter, but not yet sorted the emisions, but it idles well, hot and cold, and pulls well too, whilst still using less fuel than i think it ever has. The booked 0-60 time is about 8.5 seconds, so i timed it on a quick blast down a nice convenient, quiet county lane and it doing easy 8's, so im happy with that
      Thats what we like to hear

Comment

The car had been ok since i sorted it but latley the idle speed had been abit slow and it seemed to be running ritcher, so today i tried readjusting the fuel pot. i couldnt get any reading from it at all and when i restarted the car its misfiring at idle, it revs, abeit slowley and the misfire gets worse as the revs go up. is there anychance that the fuel pot is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by maestromaxi
          i tried readjusting the fuel pot. i couldnt get any reading from it at all and when i restarted the car its misfiring at idle, it revs, abeit slowley and the misfire gets worse as the revs go up. is there anychance that the fuel pot is dead?
          Hi if you could not get a reading then it is possible, but first check all the connections and make sure you get a good contact on the multi meter probe before condeming the throttle pot, as they are usually very reliable.

Comment

Working...
          X