carb 1.6 heat sheild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb 1.6 heat sheild

The heat sheild that screws into the inlet manifold has disintergrated due to age. What can I use instead?

Many Thanks Inadvance

I wouldnt have thought there was a substitute u can still get them from rimmers i think
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

...Part number CAM 9331 and it is called a "Heatshield" officially.

Handle it with care, it looks a bit asbestos-y to me?
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

I always thought it was asbestos, too.

I would treat it as such until I knew otherwise if I were you, especially if it is disintegrating.

Comment

Thanks for part number! I will handle it with car, its off the car now ie remains, will put on a new manifold tomorrow once gaskets arrive!

Also had a look at the suspension top mounts ie rubbers and the metal mount all rubbers have perished and the metal mounts are heavily corroded. Can these parts still be purchased?

Many Thanks Inadvance!

Comment

The metal top mounts (cups) that fit at the top of the rear? shocks usually corrode. They were available approx. 12 months ago as I bought some for my estate.

Comment

The part number for the top cups is NAM 3957. I don't know if this should be on this thread or your wanted suspension thread.

Comment

Working...
              X