Headlamp washers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp washers.

Is it easy to retro fit headlamp washers to a Montego?

They were fitted to top spec Vp models and an optional extra.

Make sure you get to BL day, as they some times turn up as new old stock.

Comment

These part numbers maybe of some help for you

AJM1282 head lamp power wash kit

or as indvidal parts

JRC5446 jet and mount RH
      JRC5447 jet and mount LH
      JRC 5448 mounting collar (you need one of each jet assembly)
      NT116041 fixing nut (you need one for each mounting collar)

You could then just use a masetro washer bottle if you have a montego saloon or if you have an esatae you would need the much rarer 3 pump washer bottle PAM1812

Comment

Just won this off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Montego-he...vip=true&rt=nc

Which of the other bits do I need for them to work lol?

Comment

They did a twin washer pump tank in the kit.

As the saloon has no rear, you will need one to feed the lamp jets.
          + Relevant tubing etc,

Comment

For the water plumbing:
            7 litre tank,Tee piece (go to car accessory shop and get one that is about the same as the jet hose stub which is cheaper than nearly £10 for a genuine MG Rover one), lengths of hose to suit the tee piece/jets as follows:
            Tee piece to RH jet 650mm, Tee piece to LH jet 380mm, Tee piece to pump 1650mm. Suitable jubilee clips for hose/stub connections (5 off). Pump AFU 4145 or GWW 197 (both NLA), Grommet pump to bottle ADU6418 (£2.27). That will get the water side of things sorted.

Electrical aspects:
            Harness headlamp power wash HAM 4239 (NLA but I can make you a copy if you like ), Headlamp wash timer relay DRC8624/DCP 8495/YWM 10002 (all NLA). You might not have anything to plug the power wash harness into, so I can supply a wiring diagram.

For Maestro fans - you can do headlamp power wash as above but using Rover 800 washer jets (if you can find any!!!) and a bit of wiring to enable the harness to plug in.
            M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
            Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Wiring Diagram:
              Attached Files
              M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
              Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                For the water plumbing:
                7 litre tank,Tee piece (go to car accessory shop and get one that is about the same as the jet hose stub which is cheaper than nearly £10 for a genuine MG Rover one), lengths of hose to suit the tee piece/jets as follows:
                Tee piece to RH jet 650mm, Tee piece to LH jet 380mm, Tee piece to pump 1650mm. Suitable jubilee clips for hose/stub connections (5 off). Pump AFU 4145 or GWW 197 (both NLA), Grommet pump to bottle ADU6418 (£2.27). That will get the water side of things sorted.

Electrical aspects:
                Harness headlamp power wash HAM 4239 (NLA but I can make you a copy if you like ), Headlamp wash timer relay DRC8624/DCP 8495/YWM 10002 (all NLA). You might not have anything to plug the power wash harness into, so I can supply a wiring diagram.

For Maestro fans - you can do headlamp power wash as above but using Rover 800 washer jets (if you can find any!!!) and a bit of wiring to enable the harness to plug in.
                Excellent post,most helpful thank you.

Comment

I have a bumper with the holes and some of the pipework if anyone needs them?

Comment

Working...
                  X