Turbo Oil pump failure.. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Oil pump failure.. Help!

Well the worst situation has happened.. The oil pump appears to have failed on my turbo engine and I don't know what to do. Can it be repaired? Can I use a later pump from a T series turbo? I know the montego ones are NLA but was hoping someone had come across this issue before? Thankfully the oil was pumping prior to being taken off, it was only when I went to restart it the light wouldn't go out. It was immediately turned off and then stripped down.

Photos attached showing the centre and it is really sloppy! I've tried to show this on two shots:

I would be happy with a decent second hand one, this one just seems not right.

Thanks.

Oil pressure sensor faulty - pump looks normal to me.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Are they meant to slop around? The early O series ones didn't have so much play.. The only other thing I found was the relief valve stuck down. But I wanted to be 100% sure that was all prior to building it back up again..!

Comment

Sounds normal to me, never came across one that's failed actually, usually seals or switch leaking
        MG Maestro turbo 437
        367 Bhp

Comment

Thanks. That does fill me with more confidence. I shall give it a clean and pop the valve out then clean and refit.

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X