some doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some doubts

Hi, a few days ago, I bought some bush, and I bought one that I do not know where it fits. the other question, for many years the air conditioning in my Montego does not work and I noticed that it had a broken piece next to the compressor, can it be a belt tensioner?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171219-085452.png
Views:	226
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	323948Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171219-085930.png
Views:	229
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	323949Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171207_115157.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	323950

The bush fits the bottom of the steering column, just above the short shaft that goes through the floor to the rack, not sure about the broken part, but it looks like it could be something from air con..

Comment

Don't think its the air con belt tensioner, as the compressor pivots at the bottom. Tensioner is built in to the bracket at the top. Can't see anything on the EPC that could help in finding what it is or was.
      Membership Secretary
      Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
      2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
      1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Sussex Pete View Post
        Don't think its the air con belt tensioner, as the compressor pivots at the bottom. Tensioner is built in to the bracket at the top. Can't see anything on the EPC that could help in finding what it is or was.
        Perhaps somebody has used a broken bit of alternator bracket as a spacer for some reason? It looks the right shape and if nothing is meant to be there might just be an addition, maybe someone fitted a longer bolt and just used it to make up the difference?

Comment

I have another question, which function has the cardboard tube that connects the exhaust manifold with the air filter, is a Rover Montego 2.0

Comment

It sends warm air from the manifold to the air intake to help the engine / carb warm up quicker.

Comment

better to use aluminium tube

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDAVE View Post
                better to use aluminium tube
                Cardboard would be far more fun!! I put it down to a language / translation issue!

Comment

For the texture and color I thought it was cardboard , what do I have to do to put the direction Bush?. I have a bit of slack in the steering wheel

Comment

Working...
                  X