S.O.S CARBURETOR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.S CARBURETOR!

Hello, When I start the car in cold, the mixture (gasoline air) becomes very poor. It is possible that it is by the toric joints of the automatic starter ??
    si se debe a esto donde puedo conseguirlas? The car is Rover montego 2.0

Help please

Comment

If the temperature gauge works correctly and the engine runs ok when it is warm, then it might be the wiring on the carburettor. When it is cold the small pin above part 5 on this picture http://sucarb.co.uk/carbspec/carbure...pares/id/1817/. should move out when the ignition is switched on and move the throttle to fast idle position. If it does not move then the cold start device is not working, the most likely reasons for this are 1) broken wire, 2) faulty ecu, 3) faulty cold start unit (stepper motor , 34), 4) faulty temperature sensor on engine..

Comment

Ouuuu this also happens to me!!

Comment

the pin moves correctly, idle increases correctly, but the gasoline air mixture becomes very poor

Comment

When the engine is warm is everything ok?

Comment

Hi juanmacandel.

I understand you are talking about a Rover Montego "Oxford Edition" HLS. Personally I am not too sure what year of manufacture that would make your car. It would help me to assist you if you could tell us what year of manufacture and if the vehicle has the early fuel management system or the later ERIC system? If you don't know any of these you could either tell us whether the under bonnet ECU is black or aluminium coloured, or just post up a photo of the under bonnet layout.

General advice would be check for air leaks in the vacuum system and breather hoses. Make sure the ignition system is in perfect condition i.e. spark plugs, plug leads including coil lead, distributor cap and rotor arm. Check the carburettor dash pot damper has enough oil in it.

Cheers G Force

Comment

hello thank you very much for answering, the vacuum tubes work correctly, yes, it is an Oxford edition of 1992. the ecu is gray with stripes

Comment

yes, when the car is hot it works perfectly

Comment

Hi

A couple of things that might be worth checking out if you have checked all the vacuum and breather hoses and the ignition system is in perfect working order

Is the fuel / air mixture setting correct when the car is at normal operating temperature, and what value is it set at? Is the car fitted with a catalytic converter?

It is worth checking the pipes on the air temp control valve are fitted the right way round. The air temp control valve is the one located in the plenum chamber see picture. The pipe stub with the small hole connects to the manifold and the pipe stub with the large hole connects to the intake air temperature control flap. Later models had red & yellow colour coded labels to make it less likely to get the fitment wrong.

Acceleration enrichment when the engine is cold is controlled by the MEMS ECU by advancing ignition timing and altering the stepper motor position, when the throttle pedal is depressed. The MEMS system on your car uses a throttle pedal switch to tell the ECU when the throttle is opening.
                    Check that the throttle pedal switch which is located on the pedal assembly inside the car is closed when the pedal is at rest and opens as the pedal starts to move. Check the wires are connected and there is continuity between the switch and the MEMS ECU when the switch is closed, and open circuit once the pedal moves.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Classic-Maestro-Montego-Cam9707-Su-Hif44-1-3-4-175.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	326543

Comment

Working...
                    X