2 stage injectors td prima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 stage injectors td prima

HI there in montego and maestro world Running a td montego again and its a lot noisier than my previous cars have figured that its got the early single stage injectors I've got spare stage 2 injectors from a previous car I scrapped but didnt keep the pipes and these are different from both the pump and spill off question has anyone got any for sale or know of how to get said pipes and are they drastically quieter this car is economical and doesnt smoke on acceleration just noisier than Im used too it has pronounced diesel knock under hard acceleration

As far as I remember the injector pump is different as well. I didn't think the difference was that dramatic, might be worth checking the timing?

Comment

I just fitted reconditioned water pump bit expensive and fitted new cambelt pretty sure timing correct but haven't done dial guage adjustments the car passed on emissions and is very clean exhaust I noticed on other cars I had when booting it on motorway @ night in car behinds headlights would get fair bit of smoke on fast acceleration this car has none it doesn't leak either guy I bought engine off in gretna scotland said it had only done 45k he was going to put in a landrover but after 15 years it wasnt going to happen so he sold Im in Sheffield and go Near Hull regularly if anyone could take a listen and pass an opinion?

Comment

Lack of smoke, good performance and economy implies that it is not far off anyway! If it was slightly overadvanced it would be noisier and probably still perform ok, retarded would make it smoky. The only way to be sure is with a dial gauge, I made some adaptors for mine, but now they are quite chep on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/US-PRO-VW...sAAOSwaRRcmNw2, even the full kit is not expensive, so may be worth getting onē if you are planning to keep the car for a long time. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-Die...kAAOSwdvxdy3xt . Frank Hewson is in Hull and has a diesel estate, but I think his will be two stage injectors, so not a fair comparison.

Comment

Yeah Ive seen those adaptors definitely going to get and dial guage ive got the haynes book for the prima 1mm deflection for stage 1 injectors and 1.2 for stage 2 and seen the excellent factory video on YouTube on general servicing Im guessing the engine is a little advanced it doesn't start as well as other montego tds Ive had but must admit Im so glad Ive got another one of these great cars my last one was stolen when Id gone to buy my sherpa camper in dorset couple of years back also prima powered its a Luton also stage 1 injectors and drove the 250 miles north averaging 36 mpg it doesnt matter if its windy or hills it always does 36 to the gallon 7 ft plenty headroom in the cabin great old bus

Comment

Turbo Prima sherpa
            Attached Files

Comment

The car chassis 52k from north Wales engine Scotland 45k alleged it almost seemed too easy
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X