Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR Technical Bulletins for Montego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AR Technical Bulletins for Montego

    Some of these overlap with Maestro ones, but I'll try to keep them separate to make searches easier. I'll just put one of each of the Montego technical bulletins in each comment, for the same reason and will include 'technical bulletins' in each comment, so searching 'technical bulletins' plus either Maestro or Montego plus the part you are interested in should lead to the right one, assuming it exists, I've got around to uploading it and I've used the same description as you've searched for..... This one features clutch cable problems, power steering belt squeal, poor heater performance and is from 30/04/88
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Montego technical bulletins 19/05/88 incomplete door hinge welds, engine stalling at idle, change of gearbox type from Honda built PG1 to Rover built, mechanical fuel pump cannot be fitted (o series carb engine), body styling kit paint repair precautions
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      Montego technical bulletins 24/06/88 coolant leak from radiator, stiff steering rack, wrong sun roof screws, windscreen wipers delay wipe malfunction, battery failure, speedo cable noise,
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Montego technical bulletins 28/07/88 excessive oil consumption A series, lock lubrication, heated backlight timer overheating
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Montego technical bulletin 12/08/88 spot welds visible on doors, continuous and automatic rear wipe on estate, boot and tailgate central locking fails to engage
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice info on central locking there, I take them apart, clean, lubricate they seem to work ok after
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible, now being used
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. now being used
            1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, putting back together
            2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
            2004 MGZT V8. Back on the road. now being used

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
              Some of these overlap with Maestro ones, but I'll try to keep them separate to make searches easier. I'll just put one of each of the Montego technical bulletins in each comment, for the same reason and will include 'technical bulletins' in each comment, so searching 'technical bulletins' plus either Maestro or Montego plus the part you are interested in should lead to the right one, assuming it exists, I've got around to uploading it and I've used the same description as you've searched for..... This one features clutch cable problems, power steering belt squeal, poor heater performance and is from 30/04/88
              Nice info on steering pump squeal there, most try to adjust that belt but in most cases its the alternator belt causing the problem
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible, now being used
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. now being used
              1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, putting back together
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Back on the road. now being used

              Comment


              • #8
                Many thanks for taking the time to upload these bulletins. There are many useful solutions to common problems.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by carfix View Post
                  Many thanks for taking the time to upload these bulletins. There are many useful solutions to common problems.
                  No problem, as both you and Jeff mention, there is lot of useful information in them, a bit tedious to scan in, but in the end I'm doing myself favour too, because searching for the right item on here beats hell out of battling with the index and four ring binders of stuff. The next batch were 'all models' ones, so not all relevant, as long as I put the right key words in it should be a whole lot easier to find relevnt bits. They weren't particularly cheap, but things like the dodgy clutch adjusters aren't mentioned elsewhere...interesting that new old stock cables that should have been chucked out in 1988 are still for sale on ebay.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

                    Nice info on steering pump squeal there, most try to adjust that belt but in most cases its the alternator belt causing the problem
                    Yes, mind you it always seemed odd that one belt was multi v and one just normal, you'd have thought they'd have put multi on both. Then again, if people do what it says in the book/what you told them to do 'cos they haven't got or didn't read the book, then it seems to work fine

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Technical bulletins 15/05/87 Maestro and Montego strengthened rear brake drums to reduce judder, more secure wheel trims for td wheels.
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
                        Technical bulletins 15/05/87 Maestro and Montego strengthened rear brake drums to reduce judder, more secure wheel trims for td wheels.
                        Early rear brake drums were very thin so getting them off used to damage them
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible, now being used
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. now being used
                        1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, putting back together
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Back on the road. now being used

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X