Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    How you getting on with the cleaning etc? After removing my sons dash I can confirm the white connector is part of the electric mirror loom
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th June 2021, 16:06.

Leave a comment:

• VWPowered
    replied
    Im going to give a proper clean out in the coming days I’ll let you know my progress, thanks jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As the car is full of shells and you've already removed the centre console, it would be prudent to also remove the complete dash to find out if any wires have been eaten for dinner. It's a simple process and there's a how to that I put up a few years ago https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...3-dash-removal Then you could also identify where these connections go to if anything as they might be extra's not used, once the dash is removed you can see if they connect to anything. BTW is the fuse box to the left or right of the car? UK is to the right. I've already answered a few things on the facebook page but for your own piece of mind you should remove the complete dash as you can also check any poor earth connections behind the dash. You can still start the car with the dash removed
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th May 2021, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• VWPowered
    started a topic Help identifying these connectors

Help identifying these connectors

After asking on Facebook and not really getting anywhere I thought I would ask here, I don’t seem to have any dash lights illuminating when the ignition is turned on, after doing some digging I found these wires in the passenger footwell but am unsure where they may go, I’ve done abit of tinkering, pulled the ignition cowling to make sure the ignition switch is ok, pulled the fuse board which is still as fresh as it left the factory, car will turn over but not fire, pulled the board out from above the glovebox but the connections are not from there, a wiring diagram seems to show the wires as ignition ?

I’ve also checked earth I can see under the bonnet but still drawn to the wires in the passenger footwell, the car is a 94 model 2.0 LXi

the green wire is next to the radio loom, the white plug by the écu, I’m wondering if something is missing

Last edited by VWPowered; 25th May 2021, 11:42.
Working...
X