X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maltes
    replied
    Hi,

I tried to adjust, but I donīt know if there are something wrong. Plastic tube out of the throttle cable is in the correct position?.

Thank you very much

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220206_143721.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	637.3 KB
ID:	335067

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220206_143604.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	335065
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    No problem. Check the gap between the end of the rod and the lever it adjusts. If you have a manual you should see the gap adjustments etc

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    replied

Thank you very much, Jeff,

I shall try to adjust. I keep you informed of what is happening with this problem.

I am trulygrateful for the assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Have you tried resetting the fast idle? That is when the car starts from cold and the amount of revs it settles on. The stepper motor is normally pre set when it's made so no need to adjust that part as its also controlling the small rod that controls the idle
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th January 2022, 20:30.

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    replied
    Thanks Jeff,

No, with original stepper motor started worse than now. When I switch the ignition on the small rod on the new stepper move out. My feeling is that old stepper had less power.

I do not know If I can fit something un the first photo so that starting will be easy. Now I have to press accelerator pedal to start cold when the car It is stopped one day.

Thank you very much for you help.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    I can see them now. Are you saying you car ran better with the original stepper motor? With the stepper motor attached to the carb and plugged in, when you switch the ignition on the small rod on the stepper should move out, is that happening? also what was the problem with the original stepper motor?

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    replied
    Sorry Jeff,

Thank you, I will try to upload. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211226_161318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.26 MB ID:	334848 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211226_161332.jpg Views:	0 Size:	987.8 KB ID:	334846 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211226_162041.jpg Views:	0 Size:	961.2 KB ID:	334847 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220101_125813.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	334849 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20211226_162504.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	334850

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    None of your pictures open up

Leave a comment:

• maltes
    started a topic Cold start Montego 1.6 SL

Cold start Montego 1.6 SL

Hi,

First of all, I wish you a happy new year.

I have got a Montego 1.6 SL of 1989. It runs well, but car hits many pulls cold cold, but once warm and accelerate a bit after the engine runs well. On the road it is perfect.

I have changed a stepper that I had bought in . http://sucarb.co.uk/. Before the change It runs better but it is perfect
    ​​ . Itīs possible adjust the screw in the first picture. The engine starts at 1000 rpm, I donīt Know, but in the past engine started at 1500 rpm.

Oīrings are new.

I would be grateful if you could help me.Thank you very much,

​ ​​​​​​​
Working...
X