Rear glass molding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear glass molding

I am trying to disassemble the moldings to add silicone for two reasons, one, the crystals creak in unevenness because the silicone is very old and another because water enters the interior through there. The problem is that I am destroying all the moldings because the plastic is very old. Is there a place to get these frames? Any method to remove the moldings without breaking them?

Thanks!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-01 at 21.52.16.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	335151

There are some on the Portugal website link that was put up a while ago, If you call them I'm sure you could arrange a discount . Here and there are more on the site if you look https://www.oliveiravalentimlda.com/...ducts/CPC10029 trim only https://www.oliveiravalentimlda.com/...oducts/JPC6023
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 3rd March 2022, 14:20.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
      I am trying to disassemble the moldings to add silicone for two reasons, one, the crystals creak in unevenness because the silicone is very old and another because water enters the interior through there. The problem is that I am destroying all the moldings because the plastic is very old. Is there a place to get these frames? Any method to remove the moldings without breaking them?

Thanks!!

Click image for larger version Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-03-01 at 21.52.16.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	335151
      The plastic trim is held in via 2 inch metal clips, so you need to remove the trim at those points but as it's already broken you should buy new from the link I put up. Do not break the glass as the trims can be removed separately

Comment

Thank you very much for the links, but I get that the molding alone is not available, do you know of another website?

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
          Thank you very much for the links, but I get that the molding alone is not available, do you know of another website?
          No I don't .You can get it with a tinted glass and keep the glass incase you break it in the future, The glass in not bonded to the trim so it can be removed before fitting
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th March 2022, 13:33.

Comment

I am hopefully having some made by retro reproductions. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM with your email address

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for advising getting the two rear quarter trim finishers. I manager to get a pair.
              Does anyone know where I can get the the two straight trim finishers that go along the top and bottom of the rear window to complete the set?
              cheers
              Rich

Comment

I am not sure if these are available. You probably stand a better chance though of getting these off in one piece if you find one being broken.

Retro Reproductions could make a batch of these though if someone could collate 15 customers and supply new ones to copy.

Comment

Working...
                X