Tick over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick over

What is the best way to increase the tick over of my 2.0 efi 1989 MG Maestro. It has just recently been serviced and i was hoping that would do the trick but its just the same. Can anyone help. Thanks Wayne

Where the cable connects with the throttle body there is a stop screw. If you pull the cable you will see where is rests if you release it. That adjusts the idle, clockwise to increase
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Thank you very muchly. I will try that when I get the car out after its winter break.

Comment

Any ideas on what is causing my tick over to be very lumpy. So much so my steering wheel shakes. The needle shows just under 1000rpm and looks fine. The distributor cap and plugs have been change. i would like an idea of where to begin the search. When the car is reved to approx. 1200 rpm its fine. It does not feel like a misfire on an a particular cylinder.

Thanks,
        Wayne

Comment

This comes up regularly and is almost certainly your offside engine mount sinking in on itself. Here is your solution if you have deep pockets!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195027235...AAAOSwWGdh0xRv

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
          1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
          1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
            This comes up regularly and is almost certainly your offside engine mount sinking in on itself. Here is your solution if you have deep pockets!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195027235...AAAOSwWGdh0xRv
            Blimey, Rimmers sell the gearbox mount for £12. The bush you need for the top rear engine mount is CRC5279, the rear engine mount is CRC8366/CRC8133, front is CRC8136/CRC8727 (with cat). But unfortunately all are NLA. Austin garages have had the mounting bush reproduced I believe. So it maybe worth asking if they will sell just the bush, worth asking. Or you may want to experiment by buying a near gearbox mount and seeing if the bush is the same as the rear engine mount and removing it as different part numbers sometimes can be adapted https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-CRC8131 or something like this, looks the same bush but cant be sure without measuring it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403231325...cAAOSwx49hU1kH
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 25th May 2022, 10:47.

Comment

I Have ordered the engine mount. Thank you for your advice.
              Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by routledge75 View Post
                I Have ordered the engine mount. Thank you for your advice.
                Wayne
                As i've said I can't be sure it is the correct bush as it's not the correct mounting. Or have you bitten the bullitt and bought from Austin Garages?

Comment

Yes its purchased from AustinGarages i have never had much luck when it comes to bushes and cars. Better safe than sorry I would like to use the car in the summer months so time is of the essence. Summer will soon be gone.

Comment

Anybody know where I can get these mountings - bushes from CRC8133 & CRC6445 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X