Wiring diagram wanted for front e-windows '93 Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram wanted for front e-windows '93 Montego

Both front electric windows are not working properly. Sometimes they go down and up, most of the times they don't. I have a wiring diagram for the Montego 2.0 till '88, but after around '90 they replaced much of the electric window electric systems, as I have found out on my '93 lhd "Rover Estate".
    To have a look on the right wiring diagram would be most helpful, but it also helps if anyone can tell me where the controller box is located.

The controller is on top of the glovebox (two big screws inside glovebox hold the top cover with controller on), quite reasonably priced at Rimmer's https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DRC8908P. I should have a wiring diagram somewhere too, will have a look later.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
      The controller is on top of the glovebox (two big screws inside glovebox hold the top cover with controller on), quite reasonably priced at Rimmer's https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-DRC8908P. I should have a wiring diagram somewhere too, will have a look later.
      That's a wiper motor control john. Part number is EEP0092
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 19th September 2023, 16:47.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

That's a wiper motor control john. Part number is EEP0092
        Ooops! Good point...my excuse is that it was early in the morning! When my windows started acting up it was the controller, seemed to be a bad connection somewhere inside, probably just luck that I didn't change the wiper controller & wonder why it still didn't work

Comment

Thanks! I hope you can find the proper wiring diagram! Last afternoon we've been working on finding the problem again. We unscrewed and lifted off the plastic centre console where the front e-window swiches are located on a '93 Montego and tried to follow the wire bundles, but this did not result in anything apart from discovering that a hose for the interior ventilation was loose, which we then fixed.

Comment

Here, from memory they're all. grey wires with colours on the ends. As said by John, the control unit is at the top of the glove box. If you remove the top stay screws at the top in side it, it will drop down
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th September 2023, 11:39.

Comment

If i can shove my two penneth in; i've recently brought back to life a Montego estate that had been sat dormant in a garage for 16 years and had similar issues with the electric front windows. Having exhausted everything else attention turned to the control unit (EEP0092) as mentioned by Jeff. See pictures for what we found. I happened to have a second hand spare unit but when fitted it didn't work properly either, in fact we had to electrically feed the motors to get the windows back up again. After opening the second hand unit up we found someone had been in there before and saw an identical break to the one in the pictures which someone had soldered up. However another part of the circuit had broken. In the end i sourced a new unit from Damen & Kroes in the Netherlands. It wasn't cheap but having seen quotes of over £100 just to look at the old unit, never mind trying to fix it i was looking at similar money against a new one. Even if the old unit could be fixed there was no guarantee the repaired unit would last any length of time. As a further irritation i got hit with import vat and Royal Mail handling fees on top so not a cheap fix but a reliable one at least. Hope this saves time. if you open up your EEP0092 be extrmemly careful as the tiny black capacitors? (bottom left in the p Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	338373 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0811.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	491.9 KB
ID:	338374 icture) are easily knocked off

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
              1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
              1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
                If i can shove my two penneth in; i've recently brought back to life a Montego estate that had been sat dormant in a garage for 16 years and had similar issues with the electric front windows. Having exhausted everything else attention turned to the control unit (EEP0092) as mentioned by Jeff. See pictures for what we found. I happened to have a second hand spare unit but when fitted it didn't work properly either, in fact we had to electrically feed the motors to get the windows back up again. After opening the second hand unit up we found someone had been in there before and saw an identical break to the one in the pictures which someone had soldered up. However another part of the circuit had broken. In the end i sourced a new unit from Damen & Kroes in the Netherlands. It wasn't cheap but having seen quotes of over £100 just to look at the old unit, never mind trying to fix it i was looking at similar money against a new one. Even if the old unit could be fixed there was no guarantee the repaired unit would last any length of time. As a further irritation i got hit with import vat and Royal Mail handling fees on top so not a cheap fix but a reliable one at least. Hope this saves time. if you open up your EEP0092 be extrmemly careful as the tiny black capacitors? (bottom left in the p Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0810.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	341.5 KB
ID:	338373 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0811.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	491.9 KB
ID:	338374 icture) are easily knocked off
                Been there before Arthur so I feel your pain

Comment

If you get desperate there's one here. Can't be sure it's working though https://ecooparts.com/recambio-autom...20-735-kw.html
                  This site also has a complete air con unit for a Montego if anyone is interested
                  Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th September 2023, 12:01.

Comment

Thanks for the effort, Jeff and zephyr. These pics look helpful. Let's see in the coming days or weeks, depending on when we have time to work on it, if we can mend the problem.

Comment

At the end of last week I received a Haynes manual that covers the Montego 2.0 till 1995, so now I have the wiring diagram Jeff sent me on 20 September as well as other changes to the Montego the Haynes for the models till 1988 didn't cover. There are more changes than I thought! For example, the models after 1988 have a different heating system.

Last Saturday we've opened the control unit and discovered a "bridge" was melted. This can be mended, which has been done yesterday, but you have to search further in order to find the cause of the burn, otherwise it may burn again. On Saturday we got the left hand window working by connecting it directly and sitting at its lowest position I sprayed the upper window frame with silicone spray. I did the hand wind rear windows as well and especially the right hand rear window now winds substantially easier.

Comment

One possibility that could be the cause of the right hand window not working could be a burned motor. Yesterday we tested it and luckily it was working. "Luckily", because the motor is mounted at a difficult spot and we couldn't find a possibility to take it off without lowering the window, which is not possible, as the window doesn't move.
                        The colleague who worked with me on the window systems took the Pektron print plate home together with my new Haynes workshop manual, as he told that at home he has better facilities.

All in all we can conclude that things are progressing.

Comment

Working...
                        X