No announcement yet.

Mongeo Countryman Td to L series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difficulty depends on which L series engine you want to use, (There are 3 - well technically 4 types both available with and without aircon). Non intercooled (200/400), Intercooled VP37 (200/400/600), Intercooled VP37 (Freelander version), Intercooled VP30 (25/45/zr/zs)
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I couldn’t find much specific info on the excellent rover diesel website. I have a non-intercooled engine from a 220d as I want the conversion to be as easy as possible. I have the whole car for looms etc if needed. Just trying to do as much research as possible to know exactly what’s required. Regards, Matt.
      1985 Austin Montego 1.6HL Estate 'Uncle Monty'
      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Colin' - L-Series in progress
      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D 'Nessy'
      1994 Rover Montego Countryman 2.0D - L-Series Converted

Comment

gearbox stays where it is, so mountings useable, just need to make the engine ones fit...sounds easy if you say it quick ha ha ha untangling the wiring is probably the most fiddly by all accounts..I think the pas pump etc on front of l series stick out a bit more than Prima, but not enoughto cause bother..I haven't done one yet, but have looked through Dan's web site and looked at one that has been done in this van, which attends a lot of northern shows and some in the Midlands, I do not think there are too many horrible undxpected Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	3.87 MB
ID:	323850 hurdles to overcome...

Comment

Nearside engine mount is the biggest headache - but not impossible to make something. The rest are standard mounts or modified standard ones.
          The non intercooled is the most simple as there isn't much to wire up. You do end up with some more interesting challenges though as the crank sensor is unusual and the ECU is a rover made one. You'll also likely want to modify the flywheel to use a bigger clutch if you plan to tune it. (And you should!)
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Working...
          X