Front lowering springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lowering springs

I have a pair of front lowering spings that i removed. I have no idea of the height apart from the photo of the red montego on my profile page. They have colours on them red and yellow. I was going to put them in classified section but have no idea on value or what they should fit, they have not been cut. Any info would be helpfull or anyone interested let me know thanks.

I may be interested, what engine was in the monty?

Its dependant on me persuading the missus that I haven't already bought some and they are lurking in the garage somewhere.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Front lowering springs (what colour are the springs, bet they are black?) with Red/Yellow paint splashes?
      I would bet they've been cut then! Post a pic up.

I have never come across lowered springs from reputable suppliers that have paint codes on them. Usually they are invariably red or black painted or powder coated. I have seen the occasional blue powder or paint coated.

For interest, red/yellow paint splash would be on the front springs of the Montego Estate 1.6 or 2.0. Free length is 393mm length (15.57ins)
      Last edited by oseerees; 30th March 2011, 22:29.

Comment

sounds to me like you have A series springs If they are fitting to an O series engine that is a proper bodge and quite dangerous! I got a set from Mal to fit a friends t16'd maestro, I seem to recall the same paintcode, although looking at the pic you mention on your profile I think yours is even lower than his was.

I'll have a real set of lowering springs with v low mileage on them for sale soon(ish!)
        Last edited by countrydude; 31st March 2011, 09:40.

Comment

photos

I will get some pictures up they came off a diesel, i have them on the shocks at the moment so i will take them off first. They do look like a splash of red/yellow paint has been put on. I know the rear ones i am taking off are mg saloon self levelers.

Just uploaded some quick photos the spring on the left is a standard 2.0 petrol estate one if it helps to compare.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by russ10; 31st March 2011, 17:44. Reason: add pictures

Comment

If you look at this table Red and Yellow marked Front springs are for Montego 2.0 (Rest of World)

Hope this helps.
            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
            Follow me at
            FourNineSix

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
              sounds to me like you have A series springs If they are fitting to an O series engine that is a proper bodge and quite dangerous! I got a set from Mal to fit a friends t16'd maestro, I seem to recall the same paintcode, although looking at the pic you mention on your profile I think yours is even lower than his was.

I'll have a real set of lowering springs with v low mileage on them for sale soon(ish!)
              let me know when them springs are coming up for sale please, i will probably have these off you. cheers

Comment

Working...
              X