Fuel filler pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filler pipe

As these are hard to find carnt you use rubber hose like the bottom bit possable all in one bit provideing the top is ok
    ? or a join onto the tank bit .You can always use a smaller bore for the breather
    Sure & steadfast.
    BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
    1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
    1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Yes they are hard to find.
    No you can't use rubber (as it would rub on the wheels, and be prone to damage)
    No you can't use a smaller bore for the breather - well not unless you like spending a week filling up at the pump.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I dont need one myself however if he rubber was formed / shaped tt wouldnt be anywhere near the wheels..Does the pipe seam to rot below the top then it could be cut off and some same bore pipe formed and welded on.What other cars would have the same neck top fitting as the Montego/Maestro
      I would be interested in a S/H 1.6 one to experiment with .With or without rust holes.
      Sure & steadfast.
      1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Your problem would be that the first place they rot out is just behind the filler pocket due to accumulated road muck. This leaves you with nothing to attach your rubber replacement pipe to.

Comment

And the fact that rubber pipe is unsafe. Anything thrown up by the wheel can then allow fuel to leak out. Not ideal!

Comment

Just a thought as to all options avalable I agree not ideal but if no ones frabricateing any then your stuck
            Last edited by TLC; 3rd November 2015, 18:20.
            Sure & steadfast.

Comment

Since there seems to be no supply and no new production in sight we may have to do something similar to this video, that is take something that is available and adapt it to fit, which in this case puts a Rover 800 back on the road with an LR Discovery fuel filler pipe - as will be seen, skills are required.

Youtube HERE

Comment

I've got someone looking at fabricating them. I just need to get 5 mins to post a filler pipe to him to copy.

Comment

That's great to read E_T_V. My MOT tester was suspicious of mine but left it as an advisory as it is caked in underseal and couldn't be confirmed as holed. If the new fabrication comes off then I am definitely a customer.

Comment

No worries. I won't offer until they guy is happy to make them though and I've had one tested as ok. I'll keep people posted on the progress anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                    X