Spigot Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spigot Rings

I'm going down the 280mm brake disc route. Got the discs and caliper adapter brackets. Realise that I will need to fit spigot rings to ensure the disc is correctly positioned on the hub.

Can anyone advise on the sizes of the rings and are they available off-the-shelf from anyone?
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

It will depend on how accurately your machine shop drill the holes for the studs. If they do it to a high tolerance then there will be next to no play in the location of the discs, so the rings won't really do anything.

Otherwise, the rings were provided by the company who manufactured the big brake set.

Ian
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Originally posted by ian drew View Post
      Otherwise, the rings were provided by the company who manufactured the big brake set.

Ian
      Normally I would agree with you Ian, but as I had tried to explain, this upgrade is a bit of pic-n-mix, as I bought the brackets through Fleabay from a forum member, just got the discs from Europart at a knock down price, so never had a "set" as such - not even any fitting instructions, and the brackets are not PAW, so the info on their website was no good either!

I'm taking the discs this morning for redrilling, so I'll see what the engineering company think about what to do.
      Membership Secretary

Comment

All you need is to measure the hub diameter and the disc diameter (and depth) and get something that fits. A machine shop will knock you these up in steel very quickly.

www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

When I dropped the bits off at my engineering company, we spoke about the need for spigot rings. The reply was that no matter how good the stud drillings are, there is always a tendancy for the disk to behave like a clowns bike wheel, and that they could easily "spin up" a couple of rings to do the job. So, that's what they are doing.

Must admit, I'm feeling a tad happier that they are doing this, as I wasn't looking forward to trying to get them off the shelf, or someone else to make some specially, especially as I only need the two.
          Membership Secretary

Comment

Working...
          X