No announcement yet.

Transform HLS into turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, good morning from Spain, I have a question, I have a montego 2.0lxi saved in the garage and I want to put the injection to my montego 2.0 carburation, what do I have to do?

Comment

Engine Wiring loom, both manifolds, complete exhaust as the bore is larger, injectors, ECU,relays
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd October 2017, 13:48.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Fuel pump and ideally tank too.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

the fuel tank why should I change it?

Comment

the fuel tank on the efi has different outlets and a different fuel pump to match the outlets, and possibly a swirl chamber in the tank..
            home of the "mad maestro"
            rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
            1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

Fuel pump on the carburettor provides 4psi. Fuel pump on the EFI is nearer 45psi.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Regarding the wiring that goes to the interior of the car, which would have to change, what relays etc

Comment

Hello everyone, after a long time informing me I started the projector of the change of engine lxi to my montego carburetor. I would like to have more power since the catalyst subtracts a lot. Does anyone know if the second collector is the same in montego 2.0i and lxi? I want to eliminate the catalyst and put a 2.0i exhaust system

Another question, dismantling the gas tank I noticed that I had 5-6 ducts, can someone explain the function of this?

Comment

someone knows what function does this

Comment

Please

Comment

If it is in the fuel line and has three pipes it is an air separator, if it is in fuel feed and has two pipes it is fuel filter, if it is connected to fuel tank breather it is a filter for emission control, the last one is what it looks most like to me, but someone might recognise it..

Comment

It was located under the bumper. It has a socket for the gas tank, another for a sensor and another an air intake

regarding the efi and icat exhaust system. the second collector is the same in both models?

Comment

Hi! I could be wrong but I was thinking it could be the charcoal canister. I think it was called EVAP? I think it caught any evaporating fuel when the engine was turned off and when on again, it would release it back in to fuel system. It was just a thought. I think later Montegos had them and they were under the right hand wheel arch area. Hope you find what it is soon. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X