Spax shocks + 2" springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spax shocks + 2" springs

hi, i'm thinking of buying a spax shock absorber because when i received my -2 "springs the car bounced a lot on the potholes. Has anyone tried those shocks with these springs? if anyone has a second hand spare part i would also be interested because in ebay cost 400€.. Thank you

As you have lowered the car by 2 inches it will bounce about anywhere you go
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

it does not bounce with a shock with the harder recoil. I have mounted an adaptation of a golf 2 koni with the maximum setting of hard and it behaves very well. the problem is that it is not specific to montego. So I want to know if someone has tried it. thanks for answering jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
        it does not bounce with a shock with the harder recoil. I have mounted an adaptation of a golf 2 koni with the maximum setting of hard and it behaves very well. the problem is that it is not specific to montego. So I want to know if someone has tried it. thanks for answering jeff
        I have not used Spax on a Montego, but they seemed to work well on Rover SD1 and Range Rover, I did not have them set to very hard, the sd1 was lowered and Shocks were set to 75% hard, which seemed to work well, the Range Rover was not lowered and they were set to 50% . I guess someone must have used them on Montego, but I don't know anyone that has.

Comment

Hello Doctor. do you think it's worth the price they have? Do you know if someone has a second-hand unit or an adjustable shock absorber in hardness? Thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=Juanmacandel;n331792]Hello Doctor. do you think it's worth the price they have? Do you know if someone has a second-hand unit or an adjustable shock absorber in hardness? Thank you[/QUOTE
            they do seem expensive, I don't know if there are any other choices that might be cheaper, it is a long time since I used them.. I guess someone on here might have a lowered Montego and may be able to give better advice, if you are on facebook it might be worth asking in the owners club group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/mandmoc/

Comment

Working...
            X