Spax shocks + 2" springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spax shocks + 2" springs

hi, i'm thinking of buying a spax shock absorber because when i received my -2 "springs the car bounced a lot on the potholes. Has anyone tried those shocks with these springs? if anyone has a second hand spare part i would also be interested because in ebay cost 400€.. Thank you

As you have lowered the car by 2 inches it will bounce about anywhere you go
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible, now being used
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. now being used
    1984 MG Montego EFi in black. Digital dash, putting back together
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Back on the road. now being used

Comment

it does not bounce with a shock with the harder recoil. I have mounted an adaptation of a golf 2 koni with the maximum setting of hard and it behaves very well. the problem is that it is not specific to montego. So I want to know if someone has tried it. thanks for answering jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Juanmacandel View Post
        it does not bounce with a shock with the harder recoil. I have mounted an adaptation of a golf 2 koni with the maximum setting of hard and it behaves very well. the problem is that it is not specific to montego. So I want to know if someone has tried it. thanks for answering jeff
        I have not used Spax on a Montego, but they seemed to work well on Rover SD1 and Range Rover, I did not have them set to very hard, the sd1 was lowered and Shocks were set to 75% hard, which seemed to work well, the Range Rover was not lowered and they were set to 50% . I guess someone must have used them on Montego, but I don't know anyone that has.

Comment

Hello Doctor. do you think it's worth the price they have? Do you know if someone has a second-hand unit or an adjustable shock absorber in hardness? Thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=Juanmacandel;n331792]Hello Doctor. do you think it's worth the price they have? Do you know if someone has a second-hand unit or an adjustable shock absorber in hardness? Thank you[/QUOTE
            they do seem expensive, I don't know if there are any other choices that might be cheaper, it is a long time since I used them.. I guess someone on here might have a lowered Montego and may be able to give better advice, if you are on facebook it might be worth asking in the owners club group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/mandmoc/

Comment

Working...
            X