Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAKES

EVENING ALL

Looking through a lot of past posts there has been mention of MGF brakes being fitted to M/M i'm looking for some additional stopping power on the old 700 diesel van - i'm not saying these are bad but by modern standards - not as sharp as i would like on the front just wondered if there were any known upgrades out there before i replace with a standard set up, some vented with 4 pot would work well

obviously i ask this due to the 700's having the rather unusual PCD on the wheel studs/ holes

Hello,

I have 4 pot calipers and a 304mm brake disc if I remember correctly and this month I will adapt it. You will need that in addition to 16-inch wheels, otherwise the wheel will not fit in its housing due to the large size of the brakes. You also have to move the holes of the spindle and make custom hoses.

All the best

Comment

I think if you want to keep the standard wheels you can improve what you have got. Firstly, servicing the calipers with new pistons and seals will help a lot along with new fluid. Then possibly look at some uprated pads, braided hoses and maybe convert to vented discs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post
        I think if you want to keep the standard wheels you can improve what you have got. Firstly, servicing the calipers with new pistons and seals will help a lot along with new fluid. Then possibly look at some uprated pads, braided hoses and maybe convert to vented discs too.
        Vented discs are not so easy on a van, as the discs are bolted onto the back of the hub..but as you say, making sure they are working as they did when it was new is a good starting point..

Comment

Working...
        X