started to paint my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feck me chill out...

lets be honest - if us maestro entusiasts owned a micra as a daily runner and kept the maestro as a show/weekend car, and we got bored, im sure the paint would come and the micra would be savaged! lol

lets be honest,

1.there are peeps that run these cars as daily runners and they mean nothing else to them - which is fair enough

2.there are peeps that really like the cars and run them daily - and pssoibly scrap them mot time - which is fair enough

3. there are entusiasts that pretend to be entusiasts until something else comes along.......

4. and finnaly there are true entusiasts

if this guy wants to paint his maestro, fair play to him if you ask me

we wouldnt go near his micra with paint of any description, just like he wouldnt with our cherished cars, no matter what condition they are in

regarding taste in cars - 'each to their own' and all that

and remeber what this whole organisation is called - the maestro and montego owners club

mr diesel dog owns a maestro - whether hes an entusiast or not

nuff said

oh yeh, i apologise for any mistakes in my punctuation or spelling, in advance for any pedantic ****s wishing to comment on it

Comment

Thats blazin'!

Me likes

Comment

well you know Graham, i do try

Comment

i like maestros especially the race spec and turbo ones etc.

i also like montys like the turbo one i like the shape its appealing. I AM NOT AN ENTHUAIST though.

theres a difference between liking and loving the dam thing!! I agree with ben rawlings

Comment

jeff the diesel........built like a tank....scruffy but no rust...clubman de bumpered....cant get him below 50mpg....115mph indicated...gets what he wants when he wants and competed in his first full on road rally last year with just a map light as mods....people at work took the pi...mickey till i pointed these things out and the hundred quid purchase price....whose the daftest? them in there depreciating euro boxes the cost 15 times that or me ? with my same spped and better mpg...they shut upafter that...jeff is a daily hack....but i consider myself an enthusiast. consider my two penneth thrown in:laugh:

Comment

I've seen one or two really good brush paintjobs on older cars using Repaint or similar.

If prep is done properly (just like a spray job) and a decent brush, then cut back and polished when hard the finish can be extraordinary for a brush job.

However, painting in the cold and damp dieseldog will not pay dividends - in a couple of weeks or sooner and your Maesty is gonna have something akin to:

acne :laugh: you'll be poppin blisters all over

Comment

Working...
              X