Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
User Profile
Collapse
-
Yes, it is always a good show, but I think this year was the best Maestro/Montego turn out that I've seen. The fact that all four vans were in different period livery and looked like new was the icing on the cake, they are good vans. I drove mine to Barcelona & used very little fuel on the way,...
-
-
Some pictures from the Milton Keynes show on Sunday, quite a good turn out, a total of 23 Maestro/Montegos, including 4 vans, 4 estates, two saloons and a variety of different Maestros, from 1.3 base to MG Turbo...
Leave a comment:
-
Probably not, the museum does a free meet on the first saturday of every month which is open to all......
Leave a comment:
-
Iirc the Boxing day meet is free entry for anyone with a classic car & you get a reduced entry to the museum, I guess the Lakeland historic car club must have other events, unless things have changed. Just looked on the museum page & boxing day meet isn't listed yet, if it does get listed I'll...Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 20th September 2026, 13:07.
Leave a comment:
-
If you click on the contact link on https://www.xjrover.co.uk/ I believe they should have the head gasket, if not a whole set.....
Leave a comment:
-
There is a meet at the Lake district motor museum on boxing day, we have been to that sometimes, usually a good day out & museum has some good stuff in it....
Leave a comment:
-
Yes, it was a good turnout & surprisingly good weather, Norman's car had a failed ignition amp, so an easy fix once he got home. Luckily its transistor popped just as we were leaving the meeting point on the A64, so I towed him to the show which amused the marshalls!...
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
The last time mine did that it was one of the plugs into the controller with a dirty contact, the time before that it was the same problem, but in the door multi connector which is just in front of the door in the passenger footwell, worth checking before you do any dismantling. Iirc you can 'hotwire'...
Leave a comment:
-
-
Arrived yesterday and it is a front one, it is the same as the one I thought it should be, so all good, cheers!...Last edited by Doctordiesel77; 16th September 2026, 19:43.
Leave a comment:
-
I'm quite happy using mine as an everyday car, as you say better visibility than most modern cars & in the case of the diesel better economy than a lot of them too.
Leave a comment:
-
Ignition module R series and pre 1986 A series: ADU5643 and BAU5332
ADU 5643 was the original part number, replaced by BAU 5332 , these numbers are unlikely to appear on the ones fitted to our cars though and neither are available any more. Some were Lucas, some were Ducellier, they are interchangeable though and were used on many other cars from the era. Some very...
-
And an embarrassing picture from later on, I don't think the facebook police will see it on here though.. 43 year old Ducellier ignition module transistor going pop is an easy fix if you have a new one (or even better a new old stock Lucas one), but if is the biggest word in the English language!...
Leave a comment:
-
-
Yes, the second AA bloke had been at Locke Park & remembered us!...
Leave a comment:
-
This picture shows where the rear ones fitted https://maestro.org.uk/forums/filedata/fetch?id=281755 there may be a picture of a front one on here somewhere as well.......
Leave a comment:
-
I'll be able to workout if it is front or rear from the length of its stalk. It'll probably be a while before I get around to it, having at least one 'definitely original' lamp is a bonus though,if the generic Hella ones are identical, then I've won,if not, then I can plan around it.
Leave a comment:
-
Whether or not he gets his money back on the repairs by selling the car will depend on how well they are done. As far as I know the only way to get historic registration on a car that is less than 40 years old by date of registration is if you can prove that it was built more than 40 years ago,not an...
Leave a comment:
No activity results to display
Show More
Leave a comment: