Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self levelling Shocks

Hello everyone,

I'm searching for a pair of self levelling shocks rear for my Montego GTi estate.
    Someone can help me?

Regards Ruben

you could convert it to standard, bit of a shame but a working solution. what is wrong with the ones you have?

Comment

Hi Robert,

I fitted standards but the problem is I'll do a roadtrip to budapest in July, fully loaded with 3 people, so I'd like to have them before I leave. Mine are broken, completely loose.
      Can you help me?

Regards Ruben

Comment

Hello Ruben
        no i can't help, i googled NAM4798EVA with no luck. Have you fitted standard springs to? if not you will have trouble as the self levelling suspension has very soft springs.

Comment

Robert,

No I fitted self levelling springs, thinking they where the same as the standards, so I need to change them. More work.
          Thanks for helping me.

Regards Ruben

Comment

hello Ruben , make sure you get the right springs as there is at least 3 types. Did you check the spring seat hight on the new shocks? i think the MG or saloon ones are 3/4" lower, this will make the car slope backwards. did you change the dust cover/bump stops?

Comment

thiking about it, it might be the other way round. MG or saloon ones are 3/4" higher because of the shorter springs. when we got one of our montego it had the wrong ones and was sloping, but i cant remember wich way.

Comment

I have no idea Rob, I've an original manual, possible the specs from the springs are in there?

Comment

hello, i have a haynes manual which gives a free spring length of 14.53 inchs for estates with standard suspension. i know the diesels are the same length as i used the same manual to check ours. that dose not meen they are the same, but i cant see why not. you cant use the same bump stops. i used Monroe: PK014 you need to trim the gaiter a bit.

Comment

Robert,

A collegue of me contact me to a factory in Belgium who stiffens the springs. So they will not lay down quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X