Another new member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new member

It's been for some months now that I've been writing on this forum now and then, but I haven't introduced myself.
    For many years I've known a newly bought Rover Estate in the neighbourhood (in The Netherlands) and I knew the owner. The name Rover Estate has not been given to the Montego Estate in Britain, but on the mainland of Europe the Montego Estate was badged Rover Estate from approximately 1991. The sedan wasn't made in a left-hand-drive version any longer. Between 1988 and 1991 the Montego was no longer named Austin, just like in Britain, but just Montego.
    Back to the Rover belonging to the acqaintance. Already from the start of the production I found the Maestro and the Montego beautiful and interesting models. Initially, though, I didn't really pay attention to that Estate in my neighbourhood. It was only after a long time, at the time the Montegos had disappeared from the roads, that slowly but increasingly I got more interested in that specific car. Then, years ago, I told the son of the owner, who in the mean time had taken over the car from his parents, that when the time has come to get rid of the car, I would be pleased to be informed as the first person. During the years after that, from time to time I let him know that I was still interested and so, two years ago, I took over the car, together with a friend. It's a metallic green 2.0 EFi in the then poshest version, which was the Clubman.
    I hope you enjoyed reading this.
Working...
X