Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vic Haughton RIP (1.3L Maestro Turbo replica & amazing parcel shelf display)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Haughton RIP (1.3L Maestro Turbo replica & amazing parcel shelf display)

If you ever met Vic Haughton and his Maestro you will remember both. Very sadly, Vic passed away on Saturday. I for one will miss Vic very much, he was a great supporter of my various Cowley esk car events and I know many others in the classic car scene will miss him too. My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

Vic's Maestro was unique and memorable for two reasons. Firstly it was an MG Maestro Turbo replica but with a 1.3L engine and secondly for the amazing Maestro display in its parcel shelf.

Vic was one of the most enthusiastic enthusiasts. He loved his Maestro and loved taking it out and about and talking to people. He was so much fun and such a friendly person who will be sorely missed by many of us.

Rest in peace Vic.

Vic and his Maestro at Brooklands this year

The amazing parcel shelf display

At Ace Cafe in 2013

On the MG FWD Register's Spring Run earlier this year

At the BL Autumn Rally at Milton Keynes in September

Absolutely terrible news. His enthusiasm for both the real ones and the models was unbounded.
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Although I didn't know him well I met him on a number of occasions.
      Shame
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Maestros need to Vic's funeral

If you have a Maestro and are able to bring it to Vic's funeral on Wednesday 9th December at Woking Crematorium (GU21 8TJ) @ 2.00pm it would be much appreciated by his family. Please see this thread - http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/sho...547#post187547

Comment

As said on Facebook. Very sad to hear of Vic's passing. Had a good time with Vic at the Milton Keynes event a few weeks ago. Vic & I spoke about health issues & his Maestro. Really didn't want to believe him etc. I would like to think work permitting I could go to the funeral.

Comment

Working...
          X