Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone Filter Query

Hi All,
    If fitting a cone filter to a Maestro Turbo, What do i have to do with the air sensor that was housed in the intake pipe??
    Jamie

MG Maestro Turbo No. 172
    Land Rover Defender 50th No. GB093
    Jaguar XJR100
    Mercedes Vito 122 SportX
    Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
    Audi 80 B2 Quattro 2.2

I've currently got an aftermarket cone filter that was fitted to #436 when I bought it. You can see the sensor is fitted at the rear of the smooth pipe just in front of the jubillee clip that attaches the flexible going to the turbo. It still uses the plastic sleeve that it screwed into originally. Don't know if the smooth pipe was part of the original fitment or one purchased to do the job. There is also the metal tube fitted directly to the cone where the breather pipe is attached ( on the right of the picture). HTH

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171014_084332.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	325.5 KB
ID:	323095
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Yours is a different setup to mine mate. Mine is, i think a Motobuild Filter which sits on a metal bracket where the original paper filter would sit in the plastic housing. I can't use the the original pipe to the front of the engine bay, which houses the air sensor.

Cheers
      Jamie

P.S. Thanks for the wiper motor!!
      Jamie

MG Maestro Turbo No. 172
      Land Rover Defender 50th No. GB093
      Jaguar XJR100
      Mercedes Vito 122 SportX
      Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
      Audi 80 B2 Quattro 2.2

Comment

Hi Jamie
        I've got on 171 like a ramair with the original housing with a cold intake from outside with a k,n filter on, not sure why you would want hot air from the engine bay being sucked in by using a cone filter there? altho I bet it sounds good?cheers Keith

Comment

Working...
        X