Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My eBay Monty

Hi all,

Just thought, while the weather is nice, and before it gets removed to the garage, I'd take a few pics of the Monty and the Maestro while theyre together, as no one has really ever seen either of them, just so you know what it is I've got to contend with!
    Attached Files

And a few more.....

Actually, I had just noticed how badly organised these photos are, so I'll make an attempt at annotating them.....

Pic 3 and pic 10 are the monty's rear arches, 3 being passenger side and 10 being drivers side. Pic 4 is the roof on the monty, attemting to show some of the dead paint on there, not quite sure how I'm going to bring that back to life yet.....! Pics 5 and 9 are the passenger side and drivers side arches (respectively) on the Maestro, which arent particularly pretty! Pic 6 is the Maestro passenger side rear door bottom, around the spat, wich is a lot worse than it looks, so often is the case..... Pic 7 is a little further along, again still not exemplary! Pic 8 is possibly my worst nightmare, its the hole that currently resides at the bottom of my passenger side door, a little further along again from the last pic, it really is not pretty, and I'm not 100% sure on the best way of tackling it to be honest.....!

And if you're wondering where the Maestro's grill is, it's in the shed, waiting for the dog to retrieve it! :laugh:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ricky; 23rd June 2006, 21:10. Reason: Thought I had better make it a bit clearer what exactly was here!

Comment

You do like blue ones don't you
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Well, you know, I do try.....! It's not just any blue though - its Atlantic, which I think is possibly the best colour that they used on the Maestro and Montego, but its a bit like that rhyme about the little girl with the little curl - when its good, it's very very good, but when it's bad, it's horrid! :laugh:

Comment

Phone box needs painting.

Comment

Ah nice to see her again, got the steering rack fixed yet ricky?

Heres some older piccys of monty.

Comment

That phonebox has needed painting for as long as I can remember, I think it is the original one in the village that was replaced in the late 80's/early 90's for the nasty metal thing that is directly behind me in that particular shot, it's just a garden ornament now!

And no, the steering rack is still waiting to be done, having a bit of trouble finding one, but I am on the case, it's a bit difficult funding it more than anything else at the moment, cos I'm currently between jobs, but the less said about that the better! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
              X