Garage Find: Y-Reg Maestro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Find: Y-Reg Maestro.

Got this email today. I've asked for more information about it but for now this is all I've got for you:

We have a silver Y-reg Maestro (ie Y at the end!) which is in extremely good condition and has a very low mileage. It was lovingly cared for by my father who is now 90 and in a nursing home. It has not been driven for about 10 years and is in our garage. Rather than get someone to just 'take it away' - which seems so sad when it is such a lovely car and in good nick -, is there any chance we might be able to sell it to an enthusiast?
    Please PM or email me for more information.
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Pictures will hopefully follow soon but I did get a little more information today:

Current Mileage: 30620
    Maestro L 5-door saloon
    Engine size 1275 cc
    Is there any rust on the bodywork? No

When it was last started - does is start / drive? Approx 3 years ago the battery was last charged. Last driven about 5 years ago. We haven't tried to charge the battery recently. But it was all in good working order last time it was driven. But obviously it would need MOT etc.

Location in the country - Worcester Park, Surrey

Dad was always absolutley meticulous with his cars so I am sure it will be in good nick
    (once it has been given a once over because of time off the road etc).

Also he always bought cars that were new on the market, hence this 1983 model - as
    you say, the first!

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Bloody hell man, that's an early one. I hope it finds a good home!

Photos, Photos, Photos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ado28 View Post
        Bloody hell man, that's an early one. I hope it finds a good home!

Photos, Photos, Photos!!!

Yeah! The photos will hopefully be on their way soon.

Comment

just round the corner from me, wouldnt mind going to take a look...

Comment

spoke to the owners daughter, am going over at the weekend to take a look, will take camera, and some jump leads!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzienpg View Post
              spoke to the owners daughter, am going over at the weekend to take a look, will take camera, and some jump leads!
              Top man!

Post the pics up when you get back.

Comment

... for the car or the daughter? :laugh:
                A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
                Maestro Camper Van
                Maestro 1.3L
                Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
                  ... for the car or the daughter? :laugh:
                  Damn, beaten me to it! (re the comment, not the daughter! :laugh

Sounds like a great find - I await photos also.
                  Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                  VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                  J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Can't wait to see some pictures.

It does sound a good find.

Comment

went to see the car today, seems in good nick,only a little dusty. in quite small garage

whats this 'special' sticker pack? i thought they only made 'specials' later on.

any way after a good look round, i hooked up the batteriy i'd bought with with me and she started after a few seconds.

however, became a bit concerned by the lack of movement when i tried to reverse. until i'd discovered this!

have told the owner i'd like the car, so hope to pick it up next weekend.

Comment

went to see the car today, seems in good nick,only a little dusty. in quite small garage. Have told the owner i'd like the car, so hope to pick it up next weekend.
                        Hey, that's really great news! It looks to be a superb little car.

Do let us all know how you get on.

Comment

That Maestro looks just like Timewarp doesn't it. So identical.

Lovely looking car there.

Comment

any idea on the decals on the side? are they official AR?

Comment

any idea on the decals on the side? are they official AR?
                              I'm not sure if the lettering is official Austin Rover, however it would not have been on the car from new - the Maestro Special was a metal bumpered model that was brought out some years after the launch.

Comment

Working...
                              X