Another victim of my downsizing plan is this BRG MG Maestro.
It was in daily use until 2 years ago when the tax and MoT ran out, then suffered from vandalism when parked on the owner's driveway: the rear screen plus all 3 windows on the nearside were smashed.
I acquired it as a spares car and have kept it in dry storage. The seats and door cards have been sold, but that is all at the moment. Ideally, I would keep the tailgate and electric mirrors for my own MG, possibly the fuel tank and pump too.
All of the doors are rotten, although the passenger's front looks great on the outside (skin ok, frame rotten at the bottom). Tyres are bald.
The engine and gearbox are great: it has done approx. 80,000 miles and was serviced from new up to approx. 12 years old by a Rover dealer.
Could be restored, I guess, but probably more useful as a mechanical donor.
It is currently located near Hereford, but I could relocate it to Lichfield next week.
I will let it go for £200 if I can keep the parts mentioned above!
It was in daily use until 2 years ago when the tax and MoT ran out, then suffered from vandalism when parked on the owner's driveway: the rear screen plus all 3 windows on the nearside were smashed.
I acquired it as a spares car and have kept it in dry storage. The seats and door cards have been sold, but that is all at the moment. Ideally, I would keep the tailgate and electric mirrors for my own MG, possibly the fuel tank and pump too.
All of the doors are rotten, although the passenger's front looks great on the outside (skin ok, frame rotten at the bottom). Tyres are bald.
The engine and gearbox are great: it has done approx. 80,000 miles and was serviced from new up to approx. 12 years old by a Rover dealer.
Could be restored, I guess, but probably more useful as a mechanical donor.
It is currently located near Hereford, but I could relocate it to Lichfield next week.
I will let it go for £200 if I can keep the parts mentioned above!



Comment