No announcement yet.

Datsun alloys for maestro van?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Datsun alloys for maestro van?

Can anyone advise me here!?

Last week I drove a million miles over to Lyme Regis to buy some doors for my maestro van. In a barn lay a maestro van covered in an inch of dust, nothing unusual there I hear you say and you are right. However, what was unusual was the wheels. Old school 14 inch alloys off a datsun? Model unknown. Pressed into the wheels was the writing "made in Britain" which made them even more impressive. I have done some investigation and all I can discover is that they may of been wolf race alloys.

Do any of you good people know if datsun alloys fit these vans and if so what model. I know some rover 800 alloys fit but they just don't look right to me, it has to be retro look. I have a picture of one of these wheels but can't get it on here

The owner insisted these alloys fitted straight on, without needing hub mods or spigot rings and I have no reason not to believe.

Any help gratefully received

CheeRS
    Tim

Hi,
    I'm afraid I have no answers for you, however I would love to see the pic if possible my email addy is splangdon@yahoo.co.uk
    Cheers.
    Stevie

Comment

If they looked like this then they were available in a wide variety of sizes.
      Attached Files
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Datsun, Mitsubishi and Hyundai all used 4.5 inch PCD hubs on many of their cars during the '70s and '80s (Daewoo Matiz did, too, but let's not go there )

So yes, any of these wheels will physically fit a Maestro van, although the studs on the Maestro hubs are likely to be a larger diameter than those on the original car, so beware of nut tapers etc.

One other consideration could be the load rating of the wheels: maybe not a major worry if the van is only going to carry a couple of people and not a lot in the load bay, but worth looking into all the same!
        1983 (Y) MG 1600
        1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
        1987 700 City 1.6 Van
        1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
        1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
        1990 Clubman D
        1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          If they looked like this then they were available in a wide variety of sizes.
          slotmags. A terrible looking wheel on any car!!

Comment

just a matter of taste; on a race B or Midget they look fine, and period correct too.
            midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
              just a matter of taste; on a race B or Midget they look fine, and period correct too.
              I agree , look good on older cars

Comment

Thanks guys, the van is off the road now so its by the by

Comment

Working...
                X