Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Maestro Van - Maybe!?

Hey guys

I am contemplating selling my beloved Maestro Van. It is a 1993 L plate, 2.0 Perkins diesel, Non turbo. I have owned it for approximately 10 years, in the early years it was kept very well as I had a garage at my disposal. Unfortunately when I moved to Cornwall I lost this luxury and so its condition suffered notably. In recent months it has a considerable amount of work, this includes:-

Mechanical

Rear wheel bearings
    Alternator
    Fuel pump reconditioned
    Cam belt
    New Water pump (the expensive one.............. of course )
    Alternator
    Rocker cover re sealed
    Oil filler pipe
    Complete new exhaust system
    Brand new front brake calipers
    Two new tyres
    Oil change
    Air filter
    Fuel filter
    Anti freeze
    2 new glow plugs (couldnt get the other 2 out)
    Brand new headlights

Body

Windscreen removed as had rust around it, rust removed, holes welded, rust treated and new screen fitted
    N/S Rear spring hanger welded
    Both sills welded (plated over)

Numerous other things that I have since forgotten, not to mention the other things over the past 10 years. The van is pretty much sound, it is incredibly reliable, economical and best of all, useable. It is my daily driver, it goes anywhere and does anything without any problem. It has out lived many "modern" expensive vehicles I know of, and can continue to do so with a bit of love and repect. At the moment I am just thinking of selling it, nothing is set in stone. If a true enthusiast wanted it, as a usuable project to get back to its former glory, and not to just rag it until it died I would consider letting it go. I hate to see it deteriorating. This past year I have just tried to protect it best I can, with no shelter to do it properly this has meant a grinder, a paintbrush and a tin of white hammerite. Gash maybe but I am sure it has helped.

Finally, the bad points. Its going to have them!

Rust!

Front x member rusted
    Rear x member holed
    Rear arches rusted and full of filler
    Doors rusted/holed/filled
    Rear bumpers rotted
    Head gasket weeping on one corner, it has been this way for 10 years!
    Slight judder when pulling away sometimes, warped clutch plate?
    Bonnet cable snapped
    Seat ripped
    Headlining removed but in my posession

No doubt other things too but its late so thatll have to do. If anyone is genuinely interested or if anyone can give me some idea of its value please let me know. I am also open to criticism for thinking of selling such an superb vehicle. I am thinking of getting a 58 plate astra van!

Taxed til august, 10 months MOT

Photos should be linked somewhere here if I have got this right
    http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/L120YNL/slideshow/

Cheers
    Tim

Maestro van enquiry

Hi Tim,
    Is your Maestro van still for sale?
    I assume from your advert you are in Cornwall, I'm nearby in Devon.
    Regards.....Steve

Comment

Working...
    X