MAESTRO SPARES FOR SALE – JOB LOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] MAESTRO SPARES FOR SALE – JOB LOT

Following the disbanding of a South West area club for owners of the MG Metro, Maestro and Montego, there is now a job lot of secondhand Maestro body panels and interior trim for sale.

These include good condition doors, front wings, a few tailgates and a variety of front bumpers for the MG Maestro, some with colour-coded mouldings and others in the earlier contrasting black with red inserts. There is also a pair of British Racing Green metallic front and rear bumpers with white inserts for the Maestro Advantage. The stock also includes OEM clutches and water pumps, still in their original boxes. Many of these parts will be applicable to other variants of the Maestro rather than just the MG versions.

Interior trim comprises of door inserts, MG Maestro seats and carpets and various clips and fastenings.

There are also headlamps and tail-lamps included.

All the parts have been accumulated over a number of years and are now surplus to requirements. These are all stored in a 40 foot-long storage container located near Chard, in Somerset. Due to the need to dispose of all these spares by the end of this month, they will be sold as a job lot only. The buyer will need to make their own arrangements to collect them.

Anyone interested should contact Brian Nesbitt and make him an offer for these spares. All proceeds from the sale of these parts will be donated to Devon Air Ambulance Trust.

Again, this is for the sale of all the parts as a job lot, not individual items.

Please contact Brian on (01460) 65343 – evenings, or email him on: banesbitt@dsl.pipex.com
    Last edited by David3500; 6th September 2013, 17:48.

Didn't think I'd live to see the day that the SW Area Group was disbanded.
    What an incredibly active group they were.
    Sad.
    EDIT: Does anyone know whatever happened to Maestro Turbo #3, is it still around? The SWAG had ownership I believe, or at least one of their members did (was it Brian?). There was a really good restro thread, but I can't remember if it was on here or MMM!
    Last edited by G51 NAV; 5th September 2013, 23:11.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

No 3

No 3 is alive and well going to a new home next week the club still own at present it will probaly stay in the South West any be finished off at a later date any money made from the sale will be donated to local charities
      Any help in finding a new home for all the spare would be much appreciated many thanks Brian

Comment

spares

What happens to them if they are not bought as a job lot? Is this a mission for Mg Mal? lol.
        Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Quite simple skip them which will cost roughly £280 for two skips seems such a shame but i need them gone i have been storing them for the South West Group free of charge for the last 4or5 yrs now i need them shifted so i can let my yard, which is happening now ,no one wants to take responsability for them so i am stuck with them i will be reluctant to ever offer any help storing gear in the future as this is what happens

Comment

Attached are some images of the spares I took last night (Thursday). Sorry if some of them are blurred although they were taken inside the container at about 7.45PM when the light had become very dim.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by David3500; 6th September 2013, 19:01.

Comment

Final batch of images. If anyone needs me to email them, please do not hesitate to let me know.
              Attached Files

Comment

hello brian its a shame you cannot sell them in small job lot batches instead
                off just one job lot.say wings/then light units./and shock absorbers

Comment

hello, ive sent brian an email - i may be able to help - but will be traveling for 10 days now.

chris

Comment

Spares

HI Chris you are the only enquiry at the mo
                    No Offers as yet
                    Fit in a large luton van possibly
                    Hoping for £300 ish
                    Not to keen on 50 % as will still have to get a skip for the rest if you took 50% and paid for the rest to go into the skip we might be able to do a deal remember any monies made is going to Charity
                    Hope this of help Brian

Comment

parts

If anyone can supply a place of storage ,I would be more than willing to go with them, and help with the re-location etc. Have you anywhere CHRIS? I could store some bits if it would help.
                      Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Hello thanks for the info. I will certainly give it some thought while I am away. Bear in mind though id also need to factor in a weekends van hire, fuel, accomodation.
                        I may and thats a big may be able to store the majority with some careful planning.

Comment

what aren't stores like this of parts common knowledge until it is time critical and someone has mentioned that the whole store will fit into 2 skips?

Comment

Is this the last of pudds' collection?

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                              what aren't stores like this of parts common knowledge until it is time critical and someone has mentioned that the whole store will fit into 2 skips?
                              It was regularly mentioned by the then Chairman of the South West Area Group in the MG 'M' Group's magazine Forward, with anyone interested in acquiring spares being able to contact him. Parts were sold to enthusiasts over the years for their respective repair/restoration projects regardless to whether they belonged to a car club or not.

On another subject, who is "Pudds", as in Pudds' collection?

Comment

Working...
                              X