maestro shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] maestro shell

Something tidy, will consider something that needs work but not major reconstructive therapy!

I'm down Bristol way for new year so if anyone is down that way with a maestro I could drop in and have a look.

Whats the plan?

Comment

My maestro vp shell has a rear quarter that needs replacing. The rear tailgate is beginning to blister, both wings have become detached at the bottom and there is damage to the front end of a sill which has probably let rot flow all along the sill to the wheel arch. It's an expensive repair job.

I'd like to reshell my t16 engine into a new shell.

Thats the plan, whats your solution?

Comment

Black efi shell:With new drivers rear quarter , passenger rear arch, new drivers full sill and rear panel work all done.

Welding wants finishing off, plus paint. will require doors, hatch maybe save-able.
        Late J Plate MG.

Comment

sounds interesting, I'll drop by, it'll be new years day though, is it ok to call and waffle on about Maestro's on such a sacred day?

Comment

Something to consider also Phil if you haven't already done so?

ebay link

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

More than welcome to stop in for a cuppa if you want.

Comment

that's decent of you oli, I'll pm you in a bit

Comment

i may be having a closing down sale soon....i have had 384 for 7 years now and done little to it...lots of bits bought but not fitted....i also have a 1986 2.0efi thats had a turbo engine and box fitted..lowered etc....been dry stored for 19 years now....shell is not bad...i doubt im going to have time to spend on them in the near future so may sell up in the new year.
                  MAESTRO TURBO NO.384...
                  D REG MAESTRO 2.0 efi...(turbo)
                  2004 rover 45 2.0 td
                  2002 rover 75 2.0cdt auto

Comment

Car is not here in Wilts but up at the barn.

I believe you have already seen it on past visits.

Not in over new years so, no cuppa here. Sorry>

Comment

I have a Ledbury maestro that I am looking to sell in the new year if that is off interest to you? If so please pm me

Comment

Thanks Rob, I'm not a big fan of metal bumper cars though.

Comment

This puppy has been in my lockup 6 years now...it had been dry stored 13 years when i bought it.its a 1986 2.0 efi with turbo engine fitted,lowered suspension, turbo body kit etc.i bought it for spares for 384 but i thought it was too good to break.the only corrosion i found was in the rear panel behind the spare wheel.
                          i have never driven it,i did fire it up breifly and the engine sounded sweet.its been off the road so long it cant be sorned(i tried but they would not let me).i have the v5 its registered to me.
                          Last edited by xamtex; 3rd March 2015, 02:35.
                          MAESTRO TURBO NO.384...
                          D REG MAESTRO 2.0 efi...(turbo)
                          2004 rover 45 2.0 td
                          2002 rover 75 2.0cdt auto

Comment

if i can get and efi maestro for its fuel tank, manifold and a few other items from it... i would let the shell go on here but its just finding one.

Comment

well I already have a tank for mine, so when reshelled there will be a spare. I'll let you know

Comment

Working...
                              X