Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genuine maestro front wings.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [For Sale] Genuine maestro front wings.

    A pair of genuine, new old stock, plastic bumper front wings for the maestro. I managed to get 2 pairs, so the other pair is for sale at what I paid for them, which I think is a tad high but hey ho! As a pair I'd be looking for £160.
    Can photograph them if required.
    Thanks
    Russ

  • #2
    With the hole for the side repeater lamp, or without?
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

    (all Maestros)

    Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

    Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

    Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

    Comment


    • #3
      With hole for side repeater. Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        So, having taken pictures as requested for someone, I'm now unsure as to whether or not they are genuine. Disappointed as I was assured they were genuine, and have paid top money on that basis. They were supposedly bought from a dealer at the time they were closing down. What packaging did genuine stuff come in? Did dealers use pattern parts?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally wrapped in cardboard or boxed to start, ( "black anodised finish")
          Some had simple tags on the door post bolt point.( "black anodised finish")
          Later items may have come in grey primer with an "Etsong tag"
          (from original press but made in china for Rover after they sold the pressings).

          Also may have come shrink wrapped in bubble wrap (also pressed in china from original press)

          All Black genuine wings should have the standard Austin Rover or Rover part number sticker.

          They should also have the Rover Hologram.

          Genuine press wings from Etsong will have either the part number sticker or the etsong tag.

          I don't know of any other markings that could help.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks. It would appear they are definitely pattern parts then. Made by smg?
            Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Post the picture up someone will tell you.
              Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                If they are SVG wing's, then they are whats known as "manufacturer recommended" replacement's.

                Usually having come from the same press as the originals under contract.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, they are s v g. Not a complete loss then.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Still available.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Anybody interested in these?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        wing

                        maybe you could try e-bay
                        they are a good price
                        maybe members are looking for second hand ones.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Are these genuine/smg then? Ifso I'm interested... How much is postage on these? Cheers, jake.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                            Are these genuine/smg then? Ifso I'm interested... How much is postage on these? Cheers, jake.
                            They are SVG items. I wouldn't want to post due to the risk of damage. Where are you in the country?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok.. eBay here they come.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X