Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D reg DIESEL maestro, great body! £200, Shrewsbury.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also need three of those, in brown, if you've got any more!

P.S. Lostinthepast, your Maestro is delightful! Always good to see more beige cars here!
    1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 Base (B662 DVX)

Comment

Thanks for the comment Richard. The log book says it's gold, though. (It's a funny old world, isn't it?)
      Since purchasing this car I have replaced the tailgate struts, changed the oil and filter, rotor arm and distributor cap, and have temporarily glued, in places, the sagging headlining. The only thing I don't like about this car is a clunk I hear when letting out the clutch while driving off. It's as if there is some free play somewhere... The mileage is 10,700 miles.

Comment

Eh this might sound like a silly question but what happened to the first Maestro in this thread? The one with the perkins engine. Did it get saved or crushed in the end? Cause the pictures show 2 different Maestros far as i can see.
        Morris Marina 1.3sdl 78
        Morris Mariana 1.3l 79
        Morris ital 1.7slx 83
        Morris Ital 1.7hls 80

Long Live Bls tin

Comment

The original maestro is sat on my drive awaiting some time and effort.

Body wise it's really tidy but mechanically it's got its share of issues.

Fuel lift pump is knackered, exhaust is split, bodged wiring under the bonnet, smokes a fair bit on start up and smells like it's either got cooking oil or bio derv in it.

When I'm back from my holiday I will get it whipped into shape and mot it. Plus sort the logbook as it's still down as a petrol.
          Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
          1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
          1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
          1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

The silver diesel now has a new mot and a small list of jobs from its first drive out.

Rev counter inoperative, coolant temp inoperative, timing belt too tight and whistles, oil and filter change, 1x seat belt still to change, refit horn and then a Damn good clean.

Then it's into storage as a spare car for backup to the current work commuter.
            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
            1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
            1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Working...
            X