X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1987 Maestro VP

Received this message by email:

Hello
    My name is Georgiana and I am the proud and loving owner of an electric blue 1987 VP Maestro which is only two years younger than me!
    I have owned this car since 2009 but I no longer use it and it is collecting dust and damp in a garage I rent. Rather than it stay in the garage and gradually deteriorate, I would like to find a new owner for it, if possible. It got through its MOT in January and is currently taxed. It's mileage is 72,000 and I have kept most of the service history since I have owned it.

I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if this is something you think the owners club may be interested in. It would break my heart to sell it to someone knowing they would be selling it on as scrap. It's a great car and I have travelled all over the UK in it. I just don't need a car anymore as I now work from home full time.

Many thanks in advance
    Georgiana - Durham (County Durham)

I can let anyone interested have her email address
    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

I know the car!.
    In fact I was the one who helped her replace her old 1.3 with this one.

Last time I saw it, it was still in very good order, and well maintained.

It's Azure Blue over grey with IIRC full leather and the interior was almost mint.
    It has had at least one wing replaced (passenger front), and both sill's properly repaired at each end.

It would be a very good rolling resto for someone who likes VP's.

Mal.

Comment

My neck of the woods, will try and have a look...

Comment

...some more details just arrived in my inbox:

- 5 speed
        - A retro-fitted cd stereo
        - Manual choke conversion
        - Leather interior - very good condition. Some wear on the drivers seat but no splits or cracks.
        - Exterior - mixed. Drivers side front wheel arch has some corrosion (two patches, approximately each 1 inch in size), rubber seal around rear window has patches of rust, inside of hatch door has some rust but it isn’t visible when shut. Drivers side front sill will require a small patch of welding to get through next MOT in January 2015.
        - Service history, I have all MOT certificates and associated notes going back to 2009. I have 90% of remaining paperwork associated to other services, etc.
        - Price - to me it’s priceless. I would take offers first but it is more important to me that it goes to someone who is going to look after it. I’m not selling it to make money. I will also be prepared to tax it for six months when the current tax disc expires in July.
        - Collection only. I hope this won’t be off-putting. We’re in the centre of Durham ten minutes off the A1.
        - Registration if required - E985 GJX
        -The rear bumper is cracked, but it was like this when I bought it. Something fell onto it apparently.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Simon; 4th June 2014, 12:13.
        M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
        Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Hello.
          I forgot I had membership on this website!
          Any further questions from anyone, please just get in touch.
          Thanks very much
          Georgiana

Comment

I met Georgiana last night and had look around this car. I agree with Mal, it'll make an excellent project for someone (although sadly not me at this time - it has reminded me I've been Maestro-less for too long now, though).

A few thoughts not covered above:
            • There are a few scabs which will need dealing with but it's pretty sound on the whole. The rear wheel arches are good.
            • It will probably need a new fuel filler neck (daylight visible) and pocket, and the vacuum and breather systems refurbing sooner rather than later.
            • The driver's side window doesn't work, neither does the central locking.
            • The interior suffers from the usual problems - cracked dash and saggy headlining - but the leather is in pretty good nick.
            • Didn't manage a test drive, but it runs (see note above re: vacuum system) and moves.
            • 4 good tyres

Comment

Wheel arch's should be good Chris, IIRC, it had new ones properly fitted before Georgiana took ownership.

I think I may have some old photo's somewhere of the work carried out on the car after it came out of storage and before it began it's new life With Georgiana.

I'll see if I can dig them out.
              Last edited by MG MAL; 5th June 2014, 18:56.

Comment

Pictures added from when it was re-commissioned in 2008

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/MGT...October%202008

Comment

it was nice to see what work had been done on the 1987 vdp maestro

Comment

PM sent
                    Peter

Comment

Hi simon could you pm me the contact details for Georgiana so I can get in touch about the car
                      thanks Peter

Comment

Hi ive been told it sold

Comment

No bother
                          Thanks Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X