anybody know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] anybody know

hi does montego electric mirrors fit a maestro anybody please and have any for sale alomg with a drivers wing and a rear complete bumper

Maestro and montego front doors are essentially the same so the motors will fit. The wiring and electrics are usually different tho.
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

hi thanks for the reply so i can just fix the montego mirrors too my maestro doors as normal then just sort the three wires out is that right

Comment

The bit where the mirror base meets the door is a slightly different shape (monty has a round cutout whilst the maestro has a square one) to clear the door top trim. They'll fit but not perfectly unless you swap the base for a maestro one.
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

ta

cheers changing the base is that hard ? the only reason am asking is that theres monty ones for sale on ebay

Comment

To be honest I've never done it. They are clipped on with stiff springs, but I've never tried to swap them over.

You can fit them as-is just there will be a gap above the door top trim if you do.
            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Changeing the bottom parts of wing mirrors in an awful job and you will loose blood/skin/digits/will to live in my experience.

Comment

Are the manual and electric bases the same?
                If so you'd just need to change the montego electric outer to the maestro manual mount.

TBH it is a lot of work that I have done on several cars for very little benefit, how often to you adjust the mirrors? If they auto dipped for reversing and auto folded when locking the car it'd be different.

Comment

Montego mirrors can be fitted to Maestros by (as stated above) changing the base where they fit to the door. Manual mirrors can be electrified by swapping the mechanical linkages with the electric motor units. I've done it a few times, can't remember it being that hard or fiddly to be honest, although I know there is a clever way of doing it to make it very easy - but at the moment I've forgotten what it is...!?
                  M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                  Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Hi there I have full loom and electric mirrors and switches came out if mg can call and leave details if still want thanks Jason
                    Last edited by lordcamperman; 18th June 2014, 08:39. Reason: Call 01634 221286

Comment

Has it got the wiring that attaches to the back of the dash, because that's where the switch goes. I'd be interested if he isn't...
                      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                      X