32 spline turbo driveshafts + hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] 32 spline turbo driveshafts + hubs

As title - must be rust free and in reasonable order.

cheers

mike...

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

I didn't store the driveshafts correctly with rust on splines.

Comment

just fit new outer CV joints, they include the splined end bit.
      midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Its finding a 32 spline ones I'm finding difficult David. I hope someone will sell me right/left complete drive shafts for turbo models - then I will get them reconditioned. Anyone??

Comment

If they are acessible simply attack them with a wire wheel on a drill or angle grinder to clean them up.
          www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
          www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
          www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

And are the driveshafts any different on the turbo? I thought they all had the same number of splines.

Comment

There beyond the wire brush treatment Dan - it was the first thing I did with the addition of some rust remover. I think std ones are 25 splines?

I have payment waiting for a set of turbo driveshafts. They don't have to be in perfect condition as I will be getting them professional reconditioned. As long as the splines are rust free.

Comment

Are those the splines for the outer cv joints you are talking about as I think the outer hubs are the same for all?

Comment

I agree Dan, up to around '88 or '89 the Efi had small outer CVs and the Turbo had large ones. Then they were commonised onto the large joints. I've fitted late Efi ones on Turbos, and I'm sure I've retro-fitted late turbo ones onto an earlier Efi, I have never heard or come across different numbers of splines - at either end of the driveshaft. (am happy to be corrected....).

Comment

Hi mike! The driveshaft cvs are the bigger type on the turbo... The splines that go into the hubs are all the same. I've bought new cvs on ebay for mine and they are exactly the same. I'll try and find you the correct links.

Comment

Right ok guys I've misunderstood something along the line. A rethink is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
                        I agree Dan, up to around '88 or '89 the Efi had small outer CVs and the Turbo had large ones. Then they were commonised onto the large joints. I've fitted late Efi ones on Turbos, and I'm sure I've retro-fitted late turbo ones onto an earlier Efi, I have never heard or come across different numbers of splines - at either end of the driveshaft. (am happy to be corrected....).
                        Thank goodness for that I was starting to think id lost my marbles as im sure my turbo has my diesel vans driveshaft on it!

Comment

Sorry about that Dan - its just that Ben with the rally maestro mentioned 32 splines turbo driveshafts in his build thread??

My driveshafts have been sent away today to Mann Transmissions for a rebuild - so no longer required.

thanks all for the info

cheers

mike...

Comment

Think your getting confused with engine sizes/shafts. The cv ends of the shafts which came off my MG1600 have 25 splines. Id imagine the 1300's have these too. Not sure if some 2.0L models had the smaller 25 spline shafts but Turbo shafts have 32 splines. Same drive flanges on all.

Ross
                            Last edited by g200mss #146; 9th March 2015, 19:14.

Comment

Originally posted by g200mss #146 View Post
                              Think your getting confused with engine sizes/shafts. The cv ends of the shafts which came off my MG1600 have 25 splines. Id imagine the 1300's have these too. Not sure if some 2.0L models had the smaller 25 spline shafts but Turbo shafts have 32 splines. Same drive flanges on all.

Ross
                              For clarity, which end are you calling the CV end Ross? BL call the OUTER end a CV joint, and the INNER end a Tripode joint. Presumably you mean the inner ends, as it's possible that the VW box has different splined outputs than the PG1 box.

Comment

Working...
                              X