Mini 850 Super Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] Mini 850 Super Deluxe

I know it's not MM, but I'm sure some of you can appreciate my lovely mini that unfortunately has to go:

For sale is our beautiful and fun Mini 850cc Super-Deluxe. 66000 miles, 12 months MOT.

We're heading for our third child so the Mini is just going to have to go. Unfortunately I just won't have the love to throw on her (oo-er missus).

She was registered on 19/5/80, making her 35 years old. She has had 4 owners from new, these being us we took ownership (30/6/2008), a very good friend of mine (he had it for approx 15 years, 10 of which it was garaged and off the road), his Gran and an other.

When we took ownership in 2008 we initially though that just freeing the brakes off would suffice. In the end we replaced the front wings, front Panel, A-Panels, both Sills, Rear Valance and Rear Subframe. The Subframe was completely rebuilt using all new parts. The brake and clutch systems were all replumbed with new pipes, fluid and seals. The car had a lower-half respray due to the new panels. For this respray we also removed the engine so the whole engine bay was also resprayed. The engine runs sweet so the only things that were changed on it were rebuilt carburettor, new fuel pump, braided hose for the oil pressure gauge, thermostat, choke and accelerometer cables. We cleaned up and painter the engine and gearbox while it was out.

Since then she has had a new alternator and the mechanical points have been replaced by the electronic variety. Changing the points transformed the car from feeling dangerously underpowered to being a please to drive, also makes her start much better and resulted in much better emissions.

Other mods include a modern stereo with USB MP3 player, new voltage stabiliser (so the gauges read more accurate), modern flasher unit (original varieties are terrible) and boarding the boot out (these boards simply lift out).

Over the past 4 years she has only covered 6000 miles despite me using her for commuting 15 miles per day for some of that time.

Being a Super-Deluxe apparently means that she has a temperature and oil pressure gauge either side of the original centre mounted speedo. The centre mounting speedo was phased out about this time for the less attractive instrument pod above the drivers steering wheel.

There are of cause some negative points! While being regularly driven by the previous owner (20 years ago?) some oik jumped on the roof which cracked the paint a little at all corners of the roof. Strangely these areas have never rusted whatsoever and don't detract from the great looks of the car.
    Where the new wings attach to the body of the car the paint has cracked, I can only assume due to flexing of the body, again, this is not rusting. Where the passenger wing joins the front panel rust bubbles are visible but the metal work is still very strong and could easily be remedied.

Please check out the photos here:
    http://s17.photobucket.com/user/drew...i%20for%20sale

This car is great fun to drive, will be a great investment and is a true classic.

Offers in the region of £3500.

MOT 13/1/11 60121 miles
    MOT 31/1/12 62108 miles
    MOT 29/1/13 63119 miles
    MOT 21/1/14 65014 miles
    MOT 3/6/15 66256 miles
    Ian Drew
    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
    MG ZT V8
    Rover 75 V6 Estate
Working...
X