Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Meastro Van Diesel

Hi All,

Looking for a Maestro Van, preferably late (rover) and Diesel.

Anything considered running or not.

Regards
    Garry

I got offered one last week, been barn stored for a few years. Only parked up as there was no use for it.

I can ask for more details if you want?
    Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
    1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
    1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
    1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

yes please

Comment

lad on the Face book page has one for sale.

I will pm you his no.

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
          lad on the Face book page has one for sale.

I will pm you his no.
          Facebook page??? Is there one for maestro vans?

Comment

it's not just for vans, it's the clubs facebook page

Comment

Hi Bodgit,

any further news on that barn find? or a contact number for them?

Comment

Originally posted by gharper View Post
                Hi Bodgit,

any further news on that barn find? or a contact number for them?
                The blue on that was on facebook no good then?

Comment

for me too far gone for the money.

Head gasket was gone and it needed rear inner archers and work to the sills. plus a few other things.

Comment

Just like to say as its my blue van for sale. The Head gasket has not gone and is fine, there are no signs of it going at all. just like to clarify. Thanks

Comment

Hi Steve,

I would like to apologise if I have caused offence, to be clear the van is in far better condition that the 'Barn Find' that is currently listed on ebay, the body would only need a small amount of welding to get it to MOT standards and it is generally very good so maybe I have been a little harsh on the price (if someone is willing to pay over £200 for the barn find one on ebay that I would consider beyond saving then yours is definitely worth what you are asking).

I accept I may be wrong about the head gasket, but last time I had mine done the first sign was compression in the oil filler, that 'blew' as the van was revved, a few months later I had compression in the water, and my garage then replaced the head gasket. It had blew through between no3 cylinder to the oil channel and then across to the water channel.

Question to all?

I just had my van written off by a hit and run driver while it was parked up. It was in excellent condition, MOT'ed two months ago, passed first time with no advisories. I had the engine rebuilt a year ago (when the head gasket failed) reskimmed, new valves, new glow plugs and brand new injectors, pump timing and tuning etc. I sent the insurance over £2000 worth of receipts, including the £900 for that work. and they sent me an 'offer' of £600 saying that was what they determined as 'The Market Value'.

I have tried to find one even half as solid as mine was and the only lead I had that was close so far the guy wanted £3000.
                      I also considered a complete different van (A Merc Vito) but you know what, it doesn't even come close to a Maestro, 2.3 diesel and it only does 35mpg, which to me is pitiful when I could get 55-60mpg out of my maestro real mpg not just on paper and it makes Maestro tin worm look positively pretty every one I have seen for less than 1k looked like its been under the sea for a year.

Comment

Sounds like you need to go back to the insurance company and see how they arrived at their understanding of 'market value'. Giving them receipts for a mechanics parts and labour is no proof of a vehicles value however, we all know that. You'd need good photographic evidence of condition prior to the crash.

Comment

And your mention of a Vito is a bit off the mark. Try searching on a VW caddy. They are similar size, load capacity and possibly more economical than the prima.

Comment

Working...
                          X