Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear screen seal. Are they even available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Rear screen seal. Are they even available?

Preferably brand new. Please let me know if anyone has any.

There'll be a universal one you can cut to length. Id drop in and ask at your local windscreen fitters.

Although the last time I had a front screen fitted they sourced a rear screen seal from somewhere so they do still exist!

*edit*
    But knowing you you're fitting a plexi sheet so rivets will do surely. Lets not get all precious now, after all : race car!

Comment

Nah, this is for #146 so needs to be original rover rubber. Rally car did indeed get the rivet and sealant treatment

The rear seal is layered on the corners and cant easily be made up. I had the guy look at it when he fitted the front seal and he says he cant make one for the back

Comment

It was only 2 years ago, try digging around on xpart or part.com

Comment

http://thexpart.co.uk/Distributor-JR...78%26browse%3d

Damen & Kroes Boxtel B V can be expensive sometimes, but email them, they do reply in English. (and the Euro is quite good at the moment)

Comment

price for all 5 ?!

Why not ask for a price for all five? I would be interested in one if, the price is ok. I am sure others might be as well.

Comment

Good luck, I seem to recall phoning them about a fuel tank once, they flatly told me they wanted over £500 for it and did I want them to find out a price for delivery? Err no, I did not.

Comment

I have emailed them so heres hoping they get back to me soon. thanks for the help

Comment

Put me down for one if you order the 5
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

xpart prices

I would have expected / thought (probably incorrectly) that any xpart supplier would price items in line with the last know Rover list price, not some random, it must be worth a mint try on. However, we live in a free market Western economic system, so all parts are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. At the moment our cars are not worth enough to either command silly prices or on the downside anyone to make new components. So for the near future at least, ebay, Rimmers, scrapyards and xpart it is!

Comment

I have asked for a price for one and the 5. Will let you know

Comment

I have found it all depends on the individual company. If it comes from xpart direct, then its the list price with no movement. If the company has it in stock, like Rimmers or colliers or some other ex rover dealer, they are open to negotiation. Sometimes they want the space more than they want the money for the part. I had some new bumper end caps the three cost me £7 the one right cost £32. The three came from a dealer and the one right hand came from xpart. the dealer just wanted to clear the space, so more or less charged me the postage.
                        Same as I bought 10 brand new rear wiper arms. For £10, when I needed 1, the price was £6, the dealer said the postage was the same so I could have all he had left for a tenner to clear shelf space.
                        Usually the physically bigger the part, the more likely they will want it gone.

Comment

Just like gharper said, depends on the company.

My dad buys his parts from Rimmer Bros as they had some pretty good finance history http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/rimme...ited-02155394/ and that's something you should consider.

In addition, they have always been quite helpful.

Comment

Well I just got an email back form that German company

We have part number JRC2378 in stock.
                            Price for 1 x JRC2378 including shipment is 98,76 euro.
                            Price for 5 x JRC2378 including shipment is 400,21 euro.

Think I'll leave it

Comment

1.4 to 1 !

might not sound cheap but it is 1.4 Euro to the pound, so with postage price is ok for genuine main dealer part. They are asking about 50 pounds for the seal before postage.

Comment

Working...
                              X