FOR SALE Stainless 2.0 EFi Maestro exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] FOR SALE Stainless 2.0 EFi Maestro exhaust system

In my quest to get my Maestro as close to how it left the showroom as possible, I've finally got round to taking this off the car. Is it of any interest to anyone?

It's a custom made 'powerflow' stainless system. Apparently designed to give a 'mid tone'; it's far more subtle in noise than it looks! It consists of an intermediate section straight through pipe and two rear backboxes.

Condition is excellent - I've removed it as I want to get the car as close to 'standard' as possible, but there's nothing wrong with it.

If I've managed to do it right, there should be some pictures to show what it looks like, how it fits, and what it looks like on the car. Questions welcome!

I'd like £100 for it, but happy to take offers if that's a bit strong. It's in Hertfordshire and probably needs to be collected as it's too big to post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1068 small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	295845

Name:	IMAG1434 small.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	295846

Name:	IMAG1438 small.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	295847

Name:	IMAG1072 small.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	295848

Name:	IMAG1071 small.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	295849

Last edited by BenF; 9th September 2015, 08:41. Reason: Deleted repeat posting

Comment

Ignore the £100... I'd just like the space back in the garage, so if anyone's even remotely interested make me an offer for whatever you're prepared to pay!
      Last edited by BenF; 9th September 2015, 08:39. Reason: clarify message

Comment

Is it any good for an MG Montego?

Comment

As much as I'd like the answer to be yes, I doubt it would fit a Montego.

I don't think there would be a problem with the layout (from comparing the underside pictures in the two Haynes manuals), I think the centre section will be too short for a Montego due to the longer wheelbase, and the tailpipes would also not be right because of the longer rear overhang.

Of course, if you're a dab hand with a welder this might not be a problem for you!

Comment

Originally posted by BenF View Post
            As much as I'd like the answer to be yes, I doubt it would fit a Montego.

Of course, if you're a dab hand with a welder this might not be a problem for you!
            Unfortunately that is something I am not.

Comment

If this is supplied with all the brackets to fit a maestro then it could fit a montego easily. It will only be that you might need to make cut outs and extend the tail pipes to the rear bumper (the only difference underneath from maestro to montego!) But the tail pipe extensions would be off the shelf and self fit, and the bumper cut outs could be done with a grinder and a steady hand.

Comment

Just an update: the exhaust is now spoken for. Thanks to those who emailed me about it!

Comment

Working...
                X