Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Power steering plate

Hi guys.
    I am hoping to get a power steering conversion done on my Monty I have most of the parts but I am stuck for the plate which fixes to the floor where the steering column goes through. It is apparently different to the standard column and may have a plastic bush/insert?
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    John.

It is different.

At a pinch you can cannibalise the original, trimming it to fit and then slop a load of silicone to seal the plate to the rack (to stop water ingress). It isn't pretty but you don't often take it apart and it worked fine for me when I did the conversion in a hurry on my van.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I made a GFRP replica of my old one as it was starting to deteriorate, but never fitted it so I can't vouch for how well it would seal. The original was a bit warped though. You'd need a foam seal between the moulding and the bulkhead and also the round foam seal that goes round the rack bit that sticks up.
      M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
      Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Just to show what the bulkhead power steering plate looks like as this kit was sold.
        Attached Files

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Very helpful.

I guess it's the plastic plate with the hole in that I need if anyone can help?

Comment

Working...
          X