power steering pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] power steering pump

Does anyone have a good used or new power steering pump for 2.0 ltr petrol Montego 1990 for sale many thanks Russ.

yes and no

I have a spare pump that works fine, however it was changed as it has started to leak a little from the bearing. Not terrible, it was an MOT advisable.

Comment

Rimmers have new pumps for diesel cars. I think they could be easily adapted.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-...FVRsGwodF0AAwA

Comment

power steering pump

i saw those at rimmers rang up the guy said they are different and wont fit.

Comment

The body looks the same. I guess it's the bracket. Could the bracket from the diesel be fitted or modified? Has anyone else tried to fit one?

Comment

won't work

The PAS pump on the diesel engine is mounted in a very different way. I brought a new diesel pump from Rimmers and while they are basically the same pump, the low pressure return pipe is mounted the other way up, so instead of the return low pressure feed being above the high pressure feed, it is below. I thought this would effect the way the pump works and didn't risk using it. If anyone needs a new diesel pump l have one!

Comment

Working...
            X