1986 Austin montego 1.6 HL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1986 Austin montego 1.6 HL

I'm sad to say it is time to let my Austin montego go to a new home, I purchased it after my dad passed away as it was the last car he had (same model and colour)
    After it was sold in 1986 it was bought back by the same family run garage in 1992. After that it was stored and every so often had a service and a run out.
    I got it with just over 40,000 miles on it from new.

After I got it I did some mild modifications on it just because I don't really keep anything standard.
    Saying that everything I've done can easily be changed back to standard if that's what the new owner prefers.

It is lowered by 50mm on new springs and NOS shocks all round.
    The lower half has been professionally wrapped to match the wheels, and before you ask NO it isn't hiding anything. Just the same paint as on top but less shiny.
    The chrome has been covered in satin black vinyl.
    Later front grill, later rear lights.
    Full stainless Steel exhaust that is loud so you may wish to add a silencer, but that's easily done by a good exhaust shop.
    Fully refurbished MGF alloy wheels and very good tyres.
    The interior is immaculate with new mats. No welding that I know of, the mechanic I use actually said its the best he has seen that hasn't been restored.
    It is in excellent original all round condition yes there is small bubbles of rust here and there but it has always been inside since 1992. It is NOT concourse condition but feel free to come and look.
    It does have the obligatory crack in the rear b
    It currently is SORN and has no MOT but I'm happy to put a full ticket on it fir the new owner.
    All parts to take back to factory can be purchased separately if required..If I've missed anything or you wish to ask any questions then please do so.

https://youtu.be/nrha3wFGMSA

This is a walk around video of the I did the other day.

By the way I'm looking for £3500

Comment

Working...
    X