Montego Clubman Estate for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego Clubman Estate for sale

Aug 1994 89130 miles on the clock Blue Rover Montego Turbo Diesel Clubman Estate
    This is an ideal restoration project, it is too good to strip down for spares. Montego cars are getting very rare now but it would not take long to get this one road worthy.

The vehicle has been stood for several years, when my wife bought a new car and abandoned it. It cannot be driven away because the oil will have sunk down to the sump and without a thorough examination it would be dangerous to start the engine. Therefore it will need to be trailered away and it will need one replacement tyre to do this.
    There is no battery and the existing diesel will need to be drained out.
    The interior is very clean, and it has self levelling rear suspension with all new bushes and a high ratio gearbox. The left rear wing will need replacing, but there is a new wing panel ready to weld on. The front windscreen has a crack in it.

I am being forced to sell due to having too many projects on the go at the moment. Over the last 30 years I have collected many spares for my various Montego cars and I now have a garage full of Montego spare parts that come with this vehicle. These items are worth over £500, including 2 spare Perkin engines one is a donor for the other..

There are also spare brakes, suspension, steering racks, lights front and rear, brand new wheel bearings, spare cylinder head, front wings, bonnet, front and rear bumpers, wiring harnesses, mirrors, turbos, alternator, rear axle, front hubs, drive shafts, diesel injector pumps, sun roof glass panel system, rear tail gate, good bonnet and scuttle panel, doors with most of the glass in place plus loads of boxes of small bits and pieces.

£750 the lot including the car.

I am in no hurry to sell, this is a job lot sale, I will not split, must go to someone who "wants" to give life to this Montego Estate.
    No one need to reply if they live within the "new" ULEZ, I do not want this Montego to be part of the Scrappage scheme. Any prospective purchaser will need to prove that you do not live in this area by providing your driving licence before I send the details to DVLA of the sale.

PM me or ring 07508718235
    all the best
    Africar

Originally posted by AFRICAR View Post
    [SIZE=14px]

No one need to reply if they live within the "new" ULEZ, I do not want this Montego to be part of the Scrappage scheme. Any prospective purchaser will need to prove that you do not live in this area by providing your driving licence before I send the details to DVLA of the sale.

Good news for you: any car put in to the scrappage scheme has to have current MoT and tax. Most importantly, it has to have been owned by the person scrapping it for at least 12 months and they have to submit a copy of the V5C registration document to prove this.
    1983 (Y) MG 1600
    1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
    1987 700 City 1.6 Van
    1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
    1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
    1990 Clubman D
    1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Hi Everyone

I'm just letting you know that the Clubman estate and all the parts have been sold to a very good person who has promised me that it will be restored and may appear in some classic cars shows in the future.
      He had a bargain with all those spare parts.
      After sitting for 16 years, a new battery was put into place and it fired up with half a turn of the key, I was amazed. Good old Perkins.

All the best for Christmas

yours Africar

Comment

Working...
      X