Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex-MOD Monty for sale

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ex-MOD Monty for sale

    PM / email me if interested and I'll pass on contact details:

    -------

    July 1994 ex-military police Rover Montego 2.0 DLX in Diamond White.
    Good home essential - £100 will make into show-car quality so must go to genuine Montego enthusiast.
    One owner since sold by the MOD in 1996.
    Power steering fitted. All usual electrical options.
    105,000 genuine miles only.
    All MOTs from new.
    Only ten miles since last MOT (now expired).
    To be sold with or without new MOT.
    Never been pranged.
    No sunroof fitted so high headroom and no leaks/wind noise.
    Brand new battery.
    Run on Mobil One fully-synthetic engine oil (diesel grade) since acquired in 1996 up to last service.
    New cambelt fitted at 90,000 miles.
    Fully and regularly rust-proofed with "Supertrol".
    ENTIRE BODYSHELL INCLUDING REAR ARCHES, BONNET, BOOTLID, AND THREE DOORS ENTIRELY FREE FROM PERFORATION. ONLY PERFORATION ON ENTIRE CAR IS A MILD 3" STRIP ON BOTTOM OF N/S/F DOOR.
    Good tyres (all same premium brand).
    Free from mechanical faults. Recent electrical gremlin on electric windows that did not exist prior to being placed in storage five years ago.
    Toolkit and spare as new.
    Standard Rover issue radio-cassette.
    Future show winner in the right pair of hands.
    Offers around £200 as is or over £400 with 12 months' MOT.
    A closed mouth gathers no foot

    Maestro Vanden Plas
    Maestro Camper Van
    Maestro 1.3L
    Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

  • #2
    Mine
    1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

    MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

    Comment


    • #3
      Ed: Out of rehab and a reformed character! :laugh:

      I look forward to the pictures, it sounds like a lovely car...

      Comment


      • #4
        ah ed see you got a car to do you over the winter instead of using the hl :laugh: Good to see you got a car to do you over the winter

        Comment


        • #5


          I am not collecting the beast for a couple of weeks as its quite far away but I am really looking forward to it. From what I've heard it really is a very special car in almost blemish free condition. Its absolutely perfect for my commute to work now that I have sold my fab but thirsty Rover 400.
          1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

          MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

          Comment


          • #6
            yep i do agree with you ed with the 420 ( i prefer the 416 because of better mpg) but i prefer the 420 for long driving as it is a very nice cruiser. good luck with the DLX

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ed


              I am not collecting the beast for a couple of weeks as its quite far away but I am really looking forward to it. From what I've heard it really is a very special car in almost blemish free condition. Its absolutely perfect for my commute to work now that I have sold my fab but thirsty Rover 400.
              Hi Ed,

              It is nice, I spent a few hours over at Jonathan's, but alas, I wasn't allowed to buy it as i've bought Richard's Monty 1.3.!!!

              The arches are immaculate, as is the interior. It wont take too much to get it back to perfect. Just remember to change the cambelt, although it was done just before being leyed up 5 years ago, it'll be ready for a new one.
              Neil
              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
              01 MG ZS 180
              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
              16' BMW 330d M Sport
              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by monty_estates
                Hi Ed,

                It is nice, I spent a few hours over at Jonathan's, but alas, I wasn't allowed to buy it as i've bought Richard's Monty 1.3.!!!

                The arches are immaculate, as is the interior. It wont take too much to get it back to perfect. Just remember to change the cambelt, although it was done just before being leyed up 5 years ago, it'll be ready for a new one.
                Thanks, I am picking it up tomorrow so I'll let you all know how it goes.
                1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well I have just got back from Manchester to collect the car and it really is as good as it sounds. The white paint is like new with only a few very minor areas that need touching up. There was a problem with some of the lights but I managed to fix these at a service station. The interior is mint as are the wheel arches as Neil said and it pulls like a train!

                  Pics to follow...
                  1985 Austin Montego 2.0HLS x 2

                  MONTEGO - THE CAR THAT PUTS THE DRIVER FIRST

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X