Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another maestro turbo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1512635093...84.m1423.l2649

Think it's been on before. Strange auction though. If you win the guy says he will only sell if he likes the price????

Originally posted by kobe View Post

Think it's been on before. Strange auction though. If you win the guy says he will only sell if he likes the price????
    Well this auction is a waste of time then. Legally the seller cannot do this as it is outside of Ebay's terms and conditions and they cannot come up with their own conditions of sale anyway as it will not stand in court.
    If only one bidder wins the car for £500 the bidder has then won it legally, the seller can then not back out of the deal or turn around and say that they are not happy with that price and then want £1000 for the car.
    Either the seller is stupid or simply does not understand the basic principles of trading on ebay. And if the seller has scanned through this forum then I have absolutely no problem whatsoever giving them my thoughts, because it is wrong.

I don't understand these people, it's quite simple really - Put the minimum price one is prepared to accept for the item if it sells, if it goes for more it's a bonus. Otherwise why bother and waste peoples time!

Comment

Judging by the total lack of grammar in the ad text I doubt if the seller could read the ebay rules!

Comment

Originally posted by The Express Valeter View Post
        Judging by the total lack of grammar in the ad text I doubt if the seller could read the ebay rules!

And if the Seller is Dislexic?

I agree the premise of the auction is out of order, but how many times have we seen auctions where in the closing hour, the seller has removed the item, likely due to an unsatisfactory price being achieved?.

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
          And if the Seller is Dislexic?

I agree the premise of the auction is out of order, but how many times have we seen auctions where in the closing hour, the seller has removed the item, likely due to an unsatisfactory price being achieved?.
          Too true Mal. The auction finishes for the reasons as you say and then you see the car advertised again with a 'buy it now' price which is always higher than the previous highest bid!! Then the excuses start like buyer never made contact - The auction never finished!
          Why they don't just put the price up that they think they want and then negotiate from there is beyond me and is just the simple and fair way to trade.

Comment

Have bidded on the car and also asked what this theoretical price is.

At 1800 quid I think he might be floating around a different planet!
            Last edited by bodgit0_0; 27th March 2014, 18:56. Reason: Had a DOH moment..
            Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
            1985 Metro MG Turbo

1986 Maestro MG (GOING TURBO)
            1989 Maestro MG Turbo '#370'

1988 Montego MG Turbo 'SAD'
            1988 Montego MG Estate 'F700'

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Originally posted by bodgit0_0 View Post
              Have bedded on the car
              Too much information!
              Regards
              John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
              MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
                Too much information!
                Ha ha, all sorted now.
                Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Aw! Spoilsport.
                  Regards
                  John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by kobe View Post

Yes it has been on eBay before, just a few weeks ago. I certainly knew of the car when it was owned by from new by a gentleman living in Yeovil. Over the next 15 years it would be owned by each of his two sons before the youngest one sold it, having undertaken a restoration of it and carried out quite a few modifications to the engine. It was certainly a very fast car, judging by what others said!

When I last spoke to the youngest son about three years ago he thought it might have been scrapped. However, it is good news to see it is still together.

Comment

I don't think he'll like the price!! It Made £510 not £1800 like he wanted. I guess he wont sell so someone's going to have some hassle. Hope it's nobody on here?

Comment

Not me...
                        Current Fleet.

1981 Metro 'S'
                        1985 Metro MG Turbo

1995 Land Rover 110

2004 Rover Streetwise Td

Comment

Don't know but reading other threads about him on here it's not good, even though his feedback is generally quite positive.
                          EDIT: just noticed that his most recent feedback is not so positive...refusal to sell an MG Turbo carb for the winning price.
                          Last edited by G51 NAV; 2nd April 2014, 18:04.
                          Regards
                          John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Mg Parts

He just bought a turbo and a turbo carb of me for a very good price and paid me st away may be i was lucky ?

Comment

Originally posted by MG Nut View Post
                              He just bought a turbo and a turbo carb of me for a very good price and paid me st away may be i was lucky ?

I wonder what he is up to. I'm sure he was selling a turbo and a carb. Thats good you got on ok

Comment

Working...
                              X