No announcement yet.

Having a laugh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it didn't sell! Ive emailed and made what I feel is a good offer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
      Well it didn't sell! Ive emailed and made what I feel is a good offer!
      That must be one of the emails he told me he got today. I said to him via text today that the original figures quoted the other day were realistic. He replied that he wasn't selling for less than £3500 to which I replied had I known he was going to list the car on ebay I could have made sugestions on how to prepare the car & he knows what I do for a living & also how to write a proper advert.
      I finished off telling him good luck with the sale, let me know if you get between £3.5K & £4K then I can adjust the value of mine to £12K lol.

Comment

Ah well, ive stuck an offer of 2k, 3500 with no mot after its been stood, and you yourself said it needs bodywork is just far too much! This is going to be like Bobs old car once again, it will come on and on until its at a realistic price

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey v8 View Post
          Ah well, ive stuck an offer of 2k, 3500 with no mot after its been stood, and you yourself said it needs bodywork is just far too much! This is going to be like Bobs old car once again, it will come on and on until its at a realistic price
          2K? are you nuts ! if the mileage was like stupid low say 20-30k then maybe.

You could get yourself a good Turbo for that money

The car is worth 500-1000 pounds max. It needs a dam good clean some decent pictures and a proper description detailing the history and rarity of the vehicle

Comment

I initially said £500 to the owner but on looking at it more closely to be fair if it was washed properly & even just given a quick polish it would I think (apart from the area around the back window) this car is in better order than mine was when I got it. Mine was bought in March 2010 for £901.00. Four & a half years down the road & significantly less of these for sale now or even exist possibly makes this easily £1500. admittedly mine had an MOT but my tyres were very very old & I took a risk driving it home with them though they were OK so far as the MOT tester was concerned & my car had been stood for ages so needed much recommissioning too.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickIngham View Post
              2K? are you nuts ! if the mileage was like stupid low say 20-30k then maybe.

You could get yourself a good Turbo for that money

The car is worth 500-1000 pounds max. It needs a dam good clean some decent pictures and a proper description detailing the history and rarity of the vehicle
              If you can find me a Turbo or even an EFI for that money let me know!

Comment

Agree, I've not seen a Turbo for £2k that's anything like decent after looking around for a while. Unless it need major work etc. I paid a fair bit more than that for mine but I'm confident it wont lose anything and in 5 years will be worth a fair bit more than it is now.

Its not a great ad but you cant blame him for having a go, you can always come down.

Comment

I spoke to the seller, the problem is he thinks got something special and hence worth a lot! He has since told me he is going to advertise it in a classica car mag, I made what I feel is a good offer for the car as it stands as it does need bodywork and recommissioning, however hes more interested in getting top money for it when at present its not a top car,

Comment

Working...
                  X