Maestro Turbo on Copart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo on Copart

looks complete, just in need of a lot of work, https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/26398557

Looks like a nice project. Anyone on here registered?

Comment

wow the bottom of the doors look pretty rough

Comment

Yeah, I think your looking at four new doors

Comment

making £2100 less than a day to go
          home of the "mad maestro"
          rover sterling kv6 and four tailpipes on lenso rs5's
          1935 Morris 18/6 being rejuvenated with xj6 parts

Comment

I don't like the part that states it's had "enhancement" It could be anything from a wash to a complete cover up of other issues?? Also not really sure of why it's in copart, it's not been subject to any insurance claim nor is the vendor an insurance company or one of their agents! It looks like a trade / dealer entry. I know it's late in the bidding but I would strongly suggest any prospective buyer go check it out first.

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
              Also not really sure of why it's in copart, it's not been subject to any insurance claim nor is the vendor an insurance company or one of their agents!
              Copart sell all sorts - not just insurance write-offs. They do Category X (Stolen & Recovered) and 'U' - unrecorded, which is simply cars that have been scrapped or just for sale.

Comment

Ah, I thought they only sold vehicles on behalf of insurance companies etc..

Comment

Originally posted by G4GLM View Post
                  Ah, I thought they only sold vehicles on behalf of insurance companies etc..
                  Not always. From their website:

Copart sells vehicles for a variety of customers including finance companies, banks, dealers, fleets, rental car companies and the insurance industry. Copart also sells vehicles for franchised, independent and wholesale motor traders as well as the general public.
                  This Maestro Turbo is unrecorded so is not an insurance write-off.

Comment

I have given this car an hpi check and its all in the green with nothing flagging up. Its a genuine example of a maestro turbo in need of restoration. I was interested - but too many projects going on in my life I just have to let this one go. It could be a trader that wins this with the sole purpose of a quick flip on eBay. Just speculating of course - but if it goes at the price it is now then someone going to make over a grand in profit.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Does anyone know what it sold for? Cant see on there. Looks like it needs a lot of work!
                      MG Maestro Turbo #500
                      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

yeah, the bloke who brought it is on the MG Maestro Turbo page he paid £4500 including Fees for it

Comment

My first thought was - "Wow that seems like strong money" but then again it's the only one for sale at the moment! I am so pleased that these fabulous cars which are a massive part of our heritage are finally making the prices they deserve. I would think anyone valuing the copart car at £4500 must be valuing it at five figures when looking well again.

Comment

Wow, that is strong money for a rot box. Although it looks complete and un-molested. What's the MG maestro turbo page?
                            MG Maestro Turbo #500
                            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/groups/932889...?ref=bookmarks that's the link to the MG Maestro Turbo page on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X